IV. | FOUR

"𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐓

"𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐓." Five sighed as the car came to a stop. Y/n looked out the window, trying to make out what she could of the address as there wasn't much light provided due to how late in the night it was.

"You sure?" She asked, eyeing the building as the three exited the vehicle.

"'D.S. Umbrella'. This is it." Diego said as they approached the locked up business place silently. "You okay?" He asked the two who had stopped a few feet away from the glass doors.

"Yeah, fine. Just..." Five trailed his sentence off as Y/n left his side and looked through the door while Diego attempted to unlock it with a knife. "How long's it been since you've seen the old man?" He asked.

"Forty-five years." Five shook his head as he answered and came up behind Y/n, joining her at the front doors. "That's a trip." She sighed, leaning against the building. "No kidding."

"You know, when I was stuck out there in the apocalypse, there wasn't a day that went by where I didn't hear his voice in my head." Five admitted.

"What was he saying?" Diego asked while he continued working on the lock.

"I told you so."

"Well, if Dad's here, he's never met you before so he can't say 'I told you so'." He reasoned. "I'm sure he'll find a way." Five scoffed as Y/n picked up a rock from the ground.

Once realizing Diego's idea to pick the lock had failed, she set her hand on the lock and placed a layer of ice over it before hitting it with the rock and entering the building.

"I could've teleported in." Five muttered as he walked in. "Right, gotta remember that." Diego trailed in after him.

Five turned a lamp on, illuminating the small space for a short amount of time as it quickly went out after they turned away from it.

"Guess Dad wasn't big on the whole home decor idea." Y/n commented while hitting a pillow that sat on a chair. Dust puffed out of it into the air. "Seems like a front." Five commented, noticing what she had done.

"A front for what?" Diego asked, only earning a shrug from each of them in reply. "Well, I'll take the left. Yell if you get in trouble." Was all he said before exiting through the left door.

Y/n was already holding the right door open for Five. "Shouldn't I be doing that, dear?" He asked, a small smile playing on his face.

"You should've thought ahead if you wanted to hold the door open for me." She rolled her eyes playfully as he walked down the dimly lit corridor and she trailed after him.

Y/n opened the first door out of the many placed among the hallway. Five flipped the light switch on as he stood next her her. The lights flickered around before finally staying on, revealing a living room with a family of mannequins sitting on the couch.