Chapter 4

ALETHEIA'S POV

After sparring with Gamora for a good hour, she finally got me pinned down to the ground, and by pinned down I mean she was straddled on my torso whilst holding my wrists above my head, let's put it this way if anyone was to walk in it would look strange.

"You won"
I scoffed.

I heard the door open, I turned my head to see who it was and saw that it was Nebula.

Nebula glared at the scene in front of her before scoffing and storming away.

"Did something happen on your mission?"
Gamora asked.

"I told her to never bother speaking to me again"
I stated, not telling Gamora the entire story.

Gamora gave me an eye roll but decided not to ask anymore.

Gamora then got off me and held a hand out to help me up which I gladly took.

As I headed towards my room, I saw Ronan striding down the corridors looking furious with Nebula not far behind him.

"Aletheia!"
Ronan shouted.

Yup he was mad.

"Yeah"
I responded.

"What made you think it was ok to not inform me of your powers?"
Ronan boomed.

Nebula must've told him.

I gave her the nastiest glare I could muster.

"Powers?"
I questioned, hoping that my tone would allow me to get away with it.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about?"
Ronan growled.

"It's only empath abilities"
I retorted, although I felt like that isn't true.

Ronan punched me in the jaw , making me cringe in pain and causing me to fall to the floor unintentionally

"You will not keep such things from me again or you will be deemed a traitor and be executed for your actions"
Ronan stated before striding off.

The only person who was still near me was Nebula and I resisted the urge to attack her.

"Why?"
I growled.

"Why did you tell him? You said you wouldn't"
I hissed, whilst wiping blood from my mouth.

I looked through Nebula's emotions, not even feeling bad about it this time.

I sensed guilt and jealousy. Was she jealous of Gamora sat on top of me earlier?

"You're pathetic, what do you even get from telling Ronan I have powers?"
I scowled.

"I told him because that's where my loyalties lie"
Nebula stated, but was clearly lying.

"Well I'm sorry if you're loyalties lie with people that wouldn't give two shits if you died"
I replied with a sarcastic laugh.

"Once I prove myself, I will be a valuable asset to them"
Nebula responded.

"I'm starting to think your delusional"
I sniggered.

"I am not delusional. All you have is your powers, you don't even know who you're family is. You're nobody, you're nothing"
Nebula hissed.