CHAPTER 10

CHAPTER TEN

**

"James!" I hissed in surprise.

"Well quite obviously." he snorted, and looked up at me, but all I saw was his dark silhouette. "Are you coming down or what?"

I glanced back at my bedroom, and bit my lip...

I was so happy he was here and I was grinning. "Okay." I whispered, and I could almost swear I saw a smile. A genuine smile. "Just give me second." I walked into the room and wrote the words;

"Gone for a walk around town. Don't know when I'll be back.

Kat."

Sheila's eyes seemed to be saying; "Don't do it. Don't do it Kat."

Ignoring her, I walked to the railing and looked over as I pulled on my ankle sneakers and pulled the purple scrunchie out of my hair and putting it on around my wrist. My muscles were still sore, but I looked past it. "Okay," I said, as I shifted my butt onto the railing, swinging my legs over... wait, I hadn't thought this through....

"Catch me!" I whispered, glancing quickly at my room before shifting, and falling through the air. I tucked my arms in, across my chest, my ankles together, legs pointed out and up. I felt my hair fly upward, around my face. The feeling was exhilarating. Suddenly, I felt strong arms around my shoulders and in the crook or my knees. I gave a small huff as the air went from my lungs. I looked at James to see he was frowning disappointedly. "What if I didn't catch you? You could have been killed." he said, unimpressed.

"But you did, and I wasn't."

"Either way, it was incredibly stupid."

"Either way, it was incredibly fun." I said with a laugh before swinging my legs out of his arms and landing on my feet. "So? What's up?" I asked, turning to face him and folding my arms. James raised an eyebrow and laughed. "Just came to see if you wanted to hang out."

"At ten thirty pm?" I asked.

"Yes."

I laughed. "Fine, where's your car."

"About that...."

"What?"

"I don't have a car."

"WHAT?"

"I have a bike."

"Niiiiiice."

I followed his tracks, to see he'd climbed over our garden wall. I sighed. "Here." he grabbed my hips, and lifted me clean off the floor. I grabbed the top and braced the tops of my sneakers against the wall. I climbed over, swinging my legs over the top.

On the other side, James met me and inclined his head toward the road where there was a black bike on the side of the road. I saw two black helmets. "Here." he threw one at me, and I caught it, piling my hair on top of my hair then putting the thing on.

He looked at my tank top and shorts before taking off his black leather jacket. He helped me put it on, laughing as I pushed up the sleeves to free my hands. I tucked one glittered hair clip into the pocket. "Shut up." I mumbled, my cheeks burning.

"No, no, its not that. You look..." he seemed to struggle with the right word... "Cute."

"Gee, thanks." I said sarcastically. He shrugged and chuckled. He was wearing a green t shirt and old blue jeans, ripped at the knees, with black workman's boots. His dark hair fell into those gorgeous eyes. He got on the bike, switching it on with a loud roar. He put on his helmet and indicated the back. I sighed, pushed up the jacket sleeves again and climbed on the back behind him. His muscular back was against me. "Put your arms around me." he said.