Chapter XIV : An Apple A Day

I don't know how long I've been sleeping, but vaguely I heard the sound of rooster. Is it morning already...?

Slowly I woke up and blink and rub my eyes, trying to get used to the surrounding. My eyes feel blurry. But I realized one thing. Renata is sitting in front of me and looking at us.

Re...Renata!!!

Reflex, I hugged Renata and smile, "Thank God you're ok, Renata..."

Somehow, the feeling of relieved makes me even sleepier. I yawned for a while.

"Now... Lemme sleep..."

In no time, I continue my sleep. I can only feel the others are talking about something, although I didn't know what the topic is.

Apparently, my appetite wins from my exhaustion. Faintly, I smell a sweet scent. This scent... It's sweet and fresh... A mix of apple sweetness and cinnamon's tangy scent... And a scent of baked butter on crust... Wait.. This combination... Can it be...?

"PIE!!!"

Without realizing, I've woke up in a sit position. This scent! Can't be wrong! It must be!

"APPLE PIE!!!"

I look around for the source of the heavenly scent only to found Nina, Renata and Sigmund look at my direction with a confused expression.

"Mary, I thought you said you're going to sleep earlier...?" Nina looks confused. "But, there's a scent of apple pie!" I replied, "MEAL!" Nina startled for a while, before chuckles a bit and smile again while looking at me. While Sigmund move his view from me to Renata. Looks like he's having a serious talk with Renata, but for now what I care is this heavenly scent!

"I'll go there for a while..." while sniffing the sweet scent, I stand and start walking following the scent. Nina just nodded and smile. Somehow I ended at the kitchen where there's Luke and the daughter of the apple orchard owner (if I'm not mistaken) who looks like having a conversation. "Ah, please take a sit," she smiles and gestured to a chair when realizing I entered the kitchen.

Just like enchanted, I nod, obediently sit and just starred at the girl before take a look around the kitchen, "It smells nice..." My eye stopped at the oven. It seems she is indeed baking some apple pies.

"So, how much I have to pay Miss Mana?" Luke asked. It seems he's having a discussion with the missus about something that has to do with money. The girl just smiles while taking out a freshly baked apple pie from the oven and serves it on few plates, "Hummm... We'll talk about that later. For now please ask your companion to enjoy my homemade apple pie." She smiled while cuts the apple pie and look at my direction and offer it to me. Luke just look at her and sigh a bit.

APPLE PIE!!!

I nodded and ended up pick up 1 slice of apple pie and starred at the girl, while out of nowhere, Kip comes and pick-up one plate filled with apple pie and bring it to another place without saying anything. What the..?

"Euh... Pardon me, but I haven't known you yet... It feels wrong to eat if we haven't introduced each other..." I murmured while looking at the apple pie at my hand for a while and look back at the girl. I always heard that it's not good to eat something from someone you don't know.

"Oh. My name is Manzana Dulce. Just call me Mana," the girl just smiles, answering my question. "Ah... Nice to meet you, Miss Mana. My name is Rosemary Livingstone... Just call me Mary.."

With a glance I take a look at the mouth watering apple pie. "...Thank you for the pie..." Slowly, I take a bite on the pie on my hand.

And in no time, the sweetness of apple and cinnamon mix burst and fills my mouth. It tastes so delicious! Without I even realize it, the pie had move entirely into my stomach.