Chapter XIII : Cold

"Uwoooo!!! The temperature is perfect!!!"

"Yes it is"

"Hmm hmm..."

The hot spring was perfect! After soaking my feet and hands, finally I decided to take a bath on the hot spring, although still using a piece of my under garment while taking a bath. And so does Nina and Renata. Well, Renata does so after making sure that there is no one around. But I think no one's supposed to be around, since Luke and Sigmund are far away from the hot spring and preparing camp at the moment. For Kip... I didn't see him since a few moments ago. I wonder where he is...

"Eh, wait... Anyone brought towel?"

Renata suddenly realized something. I point my fingers and flickers it. "Well, we can always dry it using this..." I replied while pointing my fingers. Well, I know some useful spell to do simple tricks including drying stuffs. In times like this, spells do come in handy. "Ah yeah, that's enough, Mary," Renata grins and continues her bath.

While having some good time on the bath, I realize that Renata seems like she's looking around with a sharp eye. And apparently, it's not just me who realize that, but Nina as well.

"What's wrong, Ms. Neves?" Nina looks puzzled seeing Neves. "Making sure there's no one or anything," without looking at Nina, Renata continues looking around. "Oh..." Listening to Renata, Nina can't help but also looks around. "Hmmm..." I tried to look around as well, but apparently, I didn't see anything.

But sure... The bath was nice... All my tired seems go away... Ahhh...

After some time, we decided to finish our bath and take a rest, of course, after some proper drying. Luckily, the guys already make the tent, so we can go straight to rest. Luke is taking the first watch.

Hoahm... I'm... Sleepy...

In no time, all the exhaustion and the relaxing effect of hot spring makes my eyes slowly feels droop. In no time, I've gone to the dream land.

...

...

...

"Wake up everyone!!!!"

Ouch... Nggg... What is it...

Somehow, during my sleep, I heard Luke's voice vaguely. And some pain on my body. I wonder... What...

"Nggg..."

With an annoyed feeling, I tried to open my eyes to see what's going on. And what I found in front of me makes me feel dizzy like my blood drained from my head.

Crabs. Dozens of crabs all around us. Inside the girl's tent. "CRAB!!!!!!!!!"

"Ah! Ouch!" Ah, they also pinch Nina.

"Crap.. Crap.. Crab..? Crab!! Thousands of them!" with a sight of panic, Renata scream.

"Anyone inside the tent, are you guys okay??" From outside the tent, Sigmund's voice can be heard. Filled with panic, and pinched here and there by the crabs, we tried to rush outside the tent.

"Where do all those crabs come from..?" with a questioning tone, Nina asked. "Burn it! Burn it with fire!" Renata looks panic.

With panting breath, I walked closer to Renata to heal the wound caused by the crab's pinch. "Thank you, Mary..."

"They're from the river..." Luke explained while looking around. River? But all those amount of crabs?? What in the world is happening???

That time, I didn't realize that Nina hasn't gets out of the tent. I just realized after seeing Sigmund carry unconscious Nina out from inside the tent. He brings Nina a bit far from the tent, making sure it's safe from the crabs. "Let's go far from them!" Luke suggest.