Chapter 4

We decided to stake the place I was kidnapped in. There were always two people there. I took a lot of shifts too. I had just gotten home from 'work'. I had a stakeout of 7hours. From 7pm to 2 am. I
packed a bag and wore normal clothes I could blend in. A denim jacket with grey jeans and a dark grey tank top. I carried a small purse and some money. In my way, Hawke asked. Me where I'm going. There was no point lying. He wanted to come along. I agreed but told him to join me in a few hours cause it was a long stakeout. He agreed and I left the house. I would be back by 2:30 am. Yay, fun. The stakeout was boring till Hawke came along. We just went from one place to another, watching out for activity. I saw Aiden and had to figure out a way to talk to him. I didn't dare go too close because they might have recognised me. Hawke and I finally went to the nearest possible with one hour left at our stakeout. Him drinking alcohol. He was 23 this year I was 19. At least really, my fake id made me 22. The reason behind this was that I was not listed anywhere here. Hence, it would be easier for me to settle here as an adult. My education was early and tougher than usual. I could drink without anyone snitching. I had too, a few times. That's all done though. I used to live in India. The language, Hindi was difficult but I spoke the language quite well.
The stakeout was finally over. We went to 'our" house and talked sometime before going to bed
Hawke's POV
Ash was much different than I imagined. I knew who she really was. Considering I had worked with her organization. Or so I thought. I could not really confirm it.

Ash's pov
The day at work was special since I had to go attend a meeting along with the board. I wore a professional outfit

(This is her outfit).

The meeting was special because Hawke would be there as well. So, I'm going to have to act in love with my ex-boss. I am surprised that the reporters haven't found out yet and thankful at the same time. 

I had a seat in the meeting near Richard. I knew that Richard would like to spread the news about me and Hawke. That way if there was something fishy, he could know much more easily. 

Well, shit.....now was the time to announce out relationship. He had arrived. I don't know why do I feel tierd. Highly sleep deprived, didn't eat anything for the past 24 hours. Hawke was saying something I didn't really focus ".......we really like eachother and we didn't want to ruin that" then he bought his face towards me then kissed me. His kiss was electrical. This was our second kiss and it was nothing like my other kisses. Our lips parted too soon and we walked out. "Was I so good you look pale" "that's a possibility or I was sleep deprived and starved. Either one. I took rest of the day off." On the was out of the office. We both grabbed subways and soda.

He had to head home too. The car ride was a casual humourous conversation.
"So, what did you mean sleep deprived and starved though?"
"Night shifts and starved as in I didn't eat so....anyways, I have the rest of the day off. You wanna try indian food?"
"I don't know any Indian restraints nearby though"
"Who said anything about ordering though",
"I've heard it's spicy. You sure?"
"Now I'm going to make spicy food. Please worry about yourself and yes I can tolerate spicy food"
It's nice to talk to Hawke. Mostly because he isn't my boss or someone only I am using in a case. A mutually beneficial agreement. A friend of some kind.
In home, funny thing I call it home now. I change into a red tank top and grey yoga pants and go grocery shopping.

I decided to cook Andhra chilli chicken and rice. The chicken was kinda spicy bit I could always put more chilli powder. Much more deathly than chilli flakes. I cook rice and set up the table. I accidentally cut my hand so I bandage if afterwards.

Hawke comes out of the room wearing a grey sweatshirt and black track pants.
"Let's see who can tolerate spicy food now",
"Ohh, challange exempted m'lady"