•11•

[Text messages: Mains]

Me: I need you guys....

Ans: What's up? You okay?

Me: No..Can you guys please come over?

Mags: On my way.

Ans: Me too.

Iz: Coming.

Me: Can someone pick up a couple of pregnancy tests too? Don't let my family see them though.

Iz: Pregnancy tests? Why???

Me: I'll explain when you guys get here.

Iz: Okay, I'll get them.

Me: Thank you.

I throw my phone down on my bed and my door opens. I look over to see my dad standing there.

"We need to talk," he says.

"There is nothing to talk about," I say. "You guys already did enough."

"You can't be mad at us, Kai. He was a literal predator."

"No!" I snap. "He wasn't! You guys don't understand or know anything!"

"Then enlighten me."

"I love him," I say. "Everything we did was with consent from me. I wanted it just as much as he did."

"But you can't tell anyone that," he says. "Or else you'll end up in jail as well."

"I don't care," I say. "Being in jail would be okay with me! It means I would be away from you guys and closer to him."

He chuckles, "You aren't even thinking right now, Kai."

"I am!" I yell. "I know that I love him and he loves me. That's all that matters."

"Like I said earlier, you don't even know what the hell actual love is."

"You don't know shit."

He rolls his eyes, "We will be back later. We just got called to the station to answer some questions. I'm assuming they will have you come back sometime tomorrow to answer questions as well."

"Whatever," I say.

"And you better not say anything to jeopardize yourself," he says.

"Why would you care?"

"Why would I want my daughter in jail?"

I shrug my shoulders, "You're a dick."

"That's enough," he says. "You better protect yourself when we get in that court room. You better not defend him whatsoever."

"Okay," I say sarcastically. Defending him is what I wish I could do. I wish I could take the blame as well and go to jail, but Nick and I know that I can't do that.

I have to stay here and stay healthy. I have to do this for the sake of our child.

"I want all of your shit," he says.

"What do you mean?" I yell.

"Your phone, laptop, and keys."

"No!" I yell. "It's my stuff."

"You think you can get away with something like this without being punished?" He asks. "I can't even believe you are my daughter. We didn't raise you this way!"

"What way? A slut?"

"You know that's not what I meant."

I pick up my phone, laptop, and my keys. I shove it all at him, "I don't care anymore. Just get the hell out of my room."