24

It felt dehumanizing to be at this function. I, like the other slaves, were on display for these disgusting monsters. Their eyes freely raped us. I sent a look of disgust to Lara, but she held an indifferent gaze. She sat back on her throne and laughed at something a guest said.

Hailey, Lexi, and Taemin gave me sympathetic looks. They felt awful having to bring me here. To them, it was like they betrayed me, but I knew better. They were just doing their jobs. And, they promised to look out for me, which they were doing.

I know this event is supposed to wine and dine her guests since she needs their support to launch an attack. This was purely political, yet she had no remorse for "donating" sex slaves to these people. I think what infuriated me more was that she was willing to do this to me. I know she broke our bond, but how little did she really care for me?!

I thought back to what Hailey said earlier. She claimed that I was to just be on display, but wouldn't be given to anyone. I doubted her statement, but I think she had a point. Vile vampires would sniff and rudely nip at me, but never would physically touch me. In fact, I always heard a low growl whenever a guest would show interest in me.

"Hmm... don't you look delectable." A fat guy sniffed my neck.

Again, I heard that low, warning growl. I searched for Lara's eyes, but they were already trained on me. She ignored the guest speaking to her since I had her full attention.

"I wish I could taste all of you, but you are simply on display." He sighed out. "Queens orders." He hissed. "I must choose someone else that doesn't even come close to your desirable scent." His eyes raked over my breasts for a while until a louder growl was heard.

He rolled his eyes, but moved to the girl next to me. Lara sat back, clearly more comfortable now that he had moved on. He began harassing the girl and it was pissing me off. I was angry because she was barely a tween, yet he wanted to violate her!

That fat fuck publicly began groping that poor girl and Lara was doing nothing! She just allowed it to happen! She felt my gaze and turned to me. A look of indifference flashed across her face before she turned back to laugh with some other high society members. I couldn't just stand here and watch this guy violate this young wolf girl! One of my people was being harassed! And I, the princess, would not stand by an allow it!

"STOP!" I shoved him off the girl.

He stumbled back to balance himself. The entire hall stopped to stare at us. The man cackled before sauntering up to me.

"And who do you think you are, dog slut?" I heard a low growl escape Lara's mouth at his words.

"Leave her alone." I firmly spoke. I could feel my wolf's desire to take over.

"What are you going to do about it?!" He loudly laughed.

"End you."

I tried to rush him, but a group of guards surrounded me. I was no match for them when I had this stupid collar and cuffs on. I struggled against them, but made no progress. I saw Hailey and Lexi stiffen. They wanted to help me, but knew their place. Taemin tried to call off some of the guards, but they wanted to show their strength in front of the Queen.

The Queen. My eyes glanced at her angry form. She was furious that I was making a scene. This was an important event for her after all. She needed to convince the leaders that they should help in sending more troops east.

"Stop it." She firmly demanded, but I defied her. "I said stop!"

I broke free of the hold and harshly bit down on the guard's hand. He cried out in pain when I severed his hand off. I made sure I locked eyes with Lara as I continued to mutilate her guards. How would it look for the almighty queen not to have complete and utter control over her pet?

"Stop!"

But I refused to listen to her. The guards were surrounding me and eyeing me with extreme caution. I could continue fighting them, but I'd be worn out. I thought how else I could get back at her. A lightbulb appeared in my mind. I know she rejected me, but Hailey said she still alleviated me of some pain. Let's see how much she truly cares for me.

I made sure I captured her attention. I wanted to have her undivided attention as I did the stupidest thing imaginable. I growled before I allowed Chiara to take over. Lara's eyes widened when my eyes glistened gold. I could see the gold with specks of silver reflect off her green eyes. She hesitantly stepped down from her throne.

I felt the spikes dig into my skin. I could feel the familiar sensation of blood dripping down my throat, but I didn't care. My canines slowly extended, regardless of the intense pain against my throat.

"Mia, stop." She said barely above a whisper.

My nails began to extend. My vision should've been getting sharper, but it was becoming blurry due to the blood loss. I wheezed when I felt the spikes dig into my bone. It felt like a razor was filing it down.

"Mia, stop!" She begged. "STOP!"

"Free me." I somehow choked out.

I saw the audience members laughing at my predicament. It entertained them to see me commit suicide before them. Even her father was enjoying the commotion. Her other family and friends were frightful of my dare. I didn't care. If she wouldn't kill me, then-

"AMELIA, STOP!"

The guests were confused why Lara would care about me. To them, I was a low mutt. Why would Lara care about a slut she keeps around the place?

"Free me." I spat.

I was starting to see stars and I knew the spikes were centimeters away from severing my wind pipe. I could see Lara struggling with what to do. She wasn't in control anymore and didn't know how to handle it. Her eyes darted between her friends and family before finally settling on me. I let out a content breath, ready to di-

"JE VOUS LIBÈRE!" ( I release you) She screamed at the top of her lungs.

The guest gasped in shock the moment the collar fell from my neck. Lara fell to her hands and knees as she looked at me. She looked exhausted from the turmoil I put her through. Seeing her vulnerable state reinforced her love for me.

Alec and Taemin appeared at my side. They roughly gripped my bicep before leading me out the room. I'm not sure where they were taking me, but the blood loss started to catch up. My legs gave out. Before I could hit the ground, Alec caught me in one fluid swoop. He then carried me through the halls. I felt safe in his arms, so I allowed myself to pass out.