Chapter 9 -Riley

I can't believe that we actually kissed. It was more than I ever imagined. I'm addicted and I want more. Even though that boy can infuriate me to no end, but also makes me smile at the same damn time.All I knew for certain that I wanted more...I wanted it all with him.

After texting with Blake I headed for the kitchen to get a drink but stopped in my tracks when I heard my parents.

John, we need to tell her what's going on.

Damn it Helen I said No! We will lose her if we do.

We might lose her if we don't.

What the hell is going on. I was about to turn around but the wooden floor creaked and then it was dead silent.

"Riley, is that you?"

No point of turning back now. I walk towards the kitchen. "Yeah it's me." I turn to see my parents and they look stressed. "Is everything alright?" My dad pulls me into a hug, and I hug him right back.

"I love you ladybug." I stiffen in his arms because something is off. I look up to my dad who is showing a hint of a smile. "I love you too dad." Then next my mom did the same thing.

"So why are you up at this time of night?" My mom asks looking over at my dad cautiously.

"I just got off the phone with Blake." My dad arches a eyebrow at me as my mom's smile widens. "He is such a good young man. I know he'll be good for you." I can feel my cheeks heat up but I take a step back from them.

"Helen don't get ahead of yourself, they are still too young."

"Oh hush John." They both smile at each other. Maybe they weren't talking about me because they sound like they are back to normal.

"Alright I'm going to bed." Feeling a little weirded about this whole thing. "Love you both."

"We love you too." They said at the same time. I head back upstairs to my room and lay down in bed replaying everything that happened today. A smile is etched into my face as I drift off to sleep praying I get to kiss Blake Mackenzie again.

I feel like I am suffocating, the smoke is too much. "Riley you need to leave now!" That's weird why is my mom yelling for me to leave. I can't move the flames are engulfing me, I am paralyzed to the spot.

"Riley! Get out now!"

I awaken from the nightmare to hearing screaming. Not just any screaming it's my mom.

"Mom it's to early." I run my eyes and that's when I smell it. I sit right up and there is smoke. Oh God this can't be happening. I rush to my door to try and open it but the handle is hot. I back away slowly and stand frozen in my room. This isn't real, just another damn nightmare. Then I hear my mother scream again, then silence. The only sound I hear is the crackle from the fire engulfing our house. I hear sirens,I go to my window and try to open it but it only opens a little.

"Somebody help me please!"

I start coughing, the smoke is getting to me. I'm getting lightheaded from it all. I look towards my door again and I see the flames slowly making there way under my door, like it's taunting me. I scream again and I swear I hear Blake scream my name but I'm not for sure.

Blake, Sam and Lendze, I'll never get to see them again. This is how I truly am going to die. "Please help me." I croak out as the smoke is intensifying and the flames have made it's way in to my room.

"I love you guys." Tears run down my face as I see images of my parents, my friends and Blake in my head. Just as I feel like I'm fading away I hear a crash but don't have the energy to look up. My eyelids are too heavy to do anything as the feeling of nothingness consumes to take me. "I'm sorry." I don't even register it as two strong arms carry me out of the room. My subconscious barely registers the person saying breathe.

I feel something heavy on my face but I do breathe and I gasp as I feel oxygen coming into my body again.

"Captain I can't make it out the front house the back look.?"

"That area should be cleared the boys are working on it right now."

"Roger that."

What the hell is going on?

I open my eyes and realize I'm being carried outside.

"You're okay ma'am"

Just as he says that an explosion happens and throw us back and we hit the ground hard. Next thing I know is everything goes to black.

I feel the embers chasing me, they want to engulf me into their embrace. I run as fast as I can but  no matter how fast I run the fire is catching up to me quickly wanting to decimate me. I feel a warmness on my hand but when I look nothing is there. "Wildfire please come back to us."

Blake, is he here? I look around but I feel that tingling sensation on my hand again. I don't see the fire chasing me anymore and I feel more relaxed.

"Come back Riley Ann."

I start hearing voices in the background. "In breaking news the fires that we have had in the last two weeks are unexplainable. We suspect arson, it all started with the first fire at the Jacob's residence. John and Helen Jacob's didn't make it out of the fire but their daughter Riley survived who is recovering from the fire."

My heart rate speeds up. The fire was real. "Mom turn that shit off."

Blake is here. I slowly open my eyes. The light is too bright. "Blake" I croak out. "I'm here Ry." I open my eyes wider and see Sam, Blake and their mom Heather.

"What is going on?" I try to move but I wince in pain.

"Try not to move too much you have been asleep for awhile your muscles might be stiff." Sam says as she sniffles a little.

"I don't understand." I look at all of them a little confused as to what is going on. Blake takes a deep breath. "Ry you have been in and out of consciousness for two weeks now."

"What?!" Tears fall down my face and my lips begin to tremble. "It all happened didn't it. M-my parents are gone."

I don't need them to say anything because I can tell from their faces. I cry harder as they all embrace me.

What am I going to do now? Where am I going to go?