꧁ᑕᕼᗩᑭTᗴᖇ TᗯO꧂

I thought before blacking out. When I came to, I noticed that Max and the others were kneeling over me. "Hey, You ok?", Max asked. "Yeah...", I groaned, "My head really hurts..." I looked up at Max as my headache got even worse. "Go back home Riko, We'll get Angel." Max demands as I nod back. "Let's go get her!!" She tells everyone else as I get up and start flying in the opposite direction. As I'm flying, I overhear a car crash, instantly knowing that's them. Minutes later, my eyes go wide as I hear a chopper. Ignoring the pain in my head, I fly as fast as I can to the house and hide in the living room away from all the windows.

What seemed like a few hours later, Max and the others finally got back, with minor cuts and bruises. As the sun goes down, we're all in the kitchen, either sitting or leaning against the counter. I'm sitting across from Nudge, with an ice pack on my head, and behind me is Fang. Everyone has a dazed look on their face, including me.

"DAMN!" Iggy yells and slams his fist on the counter before throwing the kitchenware off the counter. As the kitchenware shatters, I duck a little as a cup goes flying past me towards Fang. "Fang! Watch Out!", yells Nudge and Gazzy simultaneously as Fang catches the cup. "Watch it, Idiot!!" Fang yells at Iggy, only for him to yell right back. "You watch it! What Happened?!" Max gets up and goes into the living room to get the first aid kit. "I mean, you guys can SEE, can't you? Why couldn't you get Angel?!" Iggy yelled. "Iggy, calm down..." I say calmly as Max gets back and starts attending to Gazzy's and Nudge's wounds. "They had a chopper! And guns! We're not bulletproof!!" Gazzy yelled before looking at Max. "Max..." He says as she attends to his wounds. After she's done, she simply touches her wounded cheek before attending to me.

"They had GUNS. They wanted Angel alive for some reason. And they didn't care if we were alive or not." Nudge states, "I mean, they didn't go out of their way to make sure we were dead, is what I'm saying. So... that makes me think we have to go after Angel again." Nudge continues as I nod in agreement. "But they were in a chopper. They're way gone. They could be anywhere. Like, China or something..." Gazzy says. "I don't think they took her to China, Gazzy..." Max replies, walking around the table to the other side. "We know exactly where they took her." Fang says while getting closer to me, pulling my head to lean back on him as he massages it. I gulp as I'm pretty sure I know exactly what he's talking about. "Where's that?" Iggy asks.

"The school." Max replies. My eyes widen as a few tears fall from my eyes. "They took Angel back to the school?!" Gazzy yells. "I think so..." was Max's reply. I sniffed. "Why after four years... I thought maybe they had forgotten —" Nudge starts before Max interrupts. "They'll never forget about us. Jeb wasn't supposed to take us out of there." "They want us back. Jeb knew they would do anything to get us back. If anyone ever discovered what they did to us it would be the end of the school." Fang says as he stops messaging my head.

"Why don't we tell on them? We could go to a TV station and tell everyone that they grew wings on us, and we're just kids and —" Nudge states before being interrupted again, this time by Iggy. "Okay that would fix them..." "But we'd end up in a zoo." Fang finishes. "Well, what are we gonna do, then?" Gazzy asks. I nod in agreement, still not speaking a word. Fang leaves the room, making us all wonder where he's going. "Fang, where are you going?" Max asks, getting no reply. I sigh loudly, causing Max to come over and give me a hug. She's the only one that knows what they really did to me.

Fang comes back with a stack of papers and a closed envelope. "What is that? Gazzy asks as Nudges sniffs it. "Eww. It stinks." Nudge states, making me roll my eyes and say; "Duh, It's old an' shit." "Riko, no cussing." Max says, looking at me, which causes me to nod. Max and Fang look at each other before Max nods at him, ripping open the envelope and pulling out a folded paper and opening it. "A map." She says. "A map of what?" Gazzy asks. "A map of a... secret facility... in California. The school." Max says. My eyes widened as I looked up, standing up swiftly.

"This is the map of 'the school' — the prison where we grew up. Jeb saved us once, and now that's where they took Angel. That's where we have to go to get her back." Max says as I move over to Iggy and lean on him. "Whaaat?", Gazzy says, while Iggy and I are in a daze. "Oh... Yeah. We have to go get Angel back. We can't let her stay there — with them. They're — monsters. They're going to do bad things to her. And put her in a cage. Hurt her. But there's five of us. So the rest of us have to go get...", Nudge starts rambling, but quiets down as Max puts a hand on her shoulder, "... Nudge ... calm down." Max says and she nods before saying, "How far is it?" I give a small smile as Iggy rubs circles with his thumb on my upper back.

"Six hundred miles, more or less." Fang answers. "Which means at least a seven-hour flight not including breaks.", Nudge says, to which Iggy encounters, " No use discussing this. We're way outnumbered." I blink and glance between everyone, the tension getting unbearable as I hug Iggy. "No." Max stated. "They had guns. And a chopper." Iggy remarks as I lift my head from his shoulder.

"Iggy you can't be thinking that we would just let them take her. The seven of us look out for one another. No matter what. None of us is ever going to live in a cage again. Not while I'm alive." Max states, my eyes widen a bit as the headache starts to wear off, "But actually, Nudge, Fang, and I are going after Angel. You, Riko, and Gasman — I need you to stay here. Hold down the fort. On the off chance Angel escapes and makes her way here." Max finishes. I blink and gulp, silence engulfing the room as I look around at everyone.

Thanks for reading!