Chapter 1: New Semester

"Class, this is our new student, Allison Argent. Please do your best to make her feel welcome." Mr. Thomas, the principal of the campus, Beacon Hills High School, introduced to us the new student he is with after entering our classroom without knocking. A girl with a brown hair well past her shoulders till her arms, generally worn in loose waves, stand beside Mr. Thomas. She has dark brown eyes and a very pale complexion, I'm paler than her, tho. At 5'7", she's above average, and with her slender build she's got the look of a teenager that might have tried modeling at some point. She's deceptively fragile looking--unless she wears a shirt without sleeves, a shorter skirt, or shows some midriff: then there's a physique that is honed to a fine edge, lean and well-defined muscles everywhere. She sits behind Scott, which is beside me in my right side, because the sit is empty.

"Oh God. Where's my pen? Or did mom just forget to put one on my things?" she whispered. Not too long ago, Scott grabbed a ballpoint pen in his pencil case and hand it over to the new girl gently while smiling. I frowned as the new girl accepts the pen from Scott and chuckles, "Thanks."

I saw how Scott's eyes flash an interest to the new girl as his gaze returned to the front. I secretly draw in and audibly let out a deep heavy breath in irritation and rest my chin on my right hand's palm. Trying to listen to what the professor will teach at the front, "We'll begin with Kafka's Metamorphosis on page 133."

My eyes narrowed in suspicion.

Argent, you say.

It seems like the news are real.

They are absolutely here.

But why.

**

The bell rang causing me to slung the bag I was carrying over my shoulders and approach my best friend's seat whose wrapping up the things he took out from his bag a little while ago and put it again inside. We left the classroom after he put away his belongings and went straight to the hallway where our lockers were placed.

I noticed Scott which immediately looked at the locker opposite to us making me to also look at what he was looking at. I pursed my lips close making my calm dumb look face stays. I saw Lydia approach the new girl, Allison.

"That jacket is absolutely killer. Where'd you get it?" she greets making Allison to smile, a bit awkward.

"My mom was a buyer for a boutique back in San Francisco." she answered as she cope up with the awkwardness and just completely smile.

"And you are my new best friend." Lydia giggled making Allison chuckles. And because of completely observing them, I didn't realize that I was still in the middle of the hallway next to Scott so Jackson bump me in my left shoulder. If I know, he just did it intentionally. Show-off.

"Hey, watch with the paint job." he hissed as he completely passed by me and approach Lydia with a dirty kissed. And as expected Scott didn't notice how Jackson picking a fight with me a little while ago. He's still leaning his back in front of his locker while staring at Allison, doesn't even putting his things in his locker making me frown in irritation. I just sigh to forget and went straight to my locker beside Scott and put the heavy items from the bag I was carrying into my locker. While I'm in it, I over heard Lydia inviting Allison to come over to the party I don't even know who's hosting or where.

"So this weekend. There's a party." she said.

"Party?" Allison ask in confusion.

"Yeah. Friday night. You should come." I heard Allison sigh in disappointment.

"Uh. I can't. It's family night this Friday. Thanks for asking." she reason.

"Are you sure? I mean, everyone's going after scrimmage." Lydia persist.