Chapter One - The Older Sister, The Artist

So.. New story :) I know I still haven't updated 'Dear Tanner...', but I'm working on it. Bear with me! :) This first chapter isn't really the best and it's a little boring... but please hang in there, i just wasn't to sure how to start this story! Enjoy :)

Floyd's POV

"You better be getting ready Leo, the bus will be here in ten!" I shouted from the kitchen just as he ran out of his room and plopped down onto one of the chairs.

"So I was wondering" he said while munching on a piece of toast, "I read this book on global warming, and can global warming lead to an ice age? I know it's unlikely, but is it probable? Because what if--"

"Le, I honestly don't know what you're talking about. I don't know if you know this, but learning wasn't really my thing" I chuckle and tap his nose. "Besides, you're only six; Is it really that important?" 

"Floyd, I'm in third grade now. Third grade. I need all the knowledge I can get" he said with a proud smile. 

"Alright, Mr. Blue" I chuckled.

"Blue?" He wrinkled his nose in confusing.

"Intelligent" I pointed out for him.

"I thought blue was sadness though?"

"It depends on what shade we're talking about" I shrugged just as a horn started to beep. "There's your ride kiddo. I'll be at the studio and I'll pick you up at four, okay?"

"Yup. Love you" 

"Love you, too" I said, giving him a quick kiss and handing him his lunch.

"Alright, time to get ready for work".

I pulled my long red hair up into a messy bun, sticking in a few pencils and paint brushes into the mass of curls, changed into paint cover jeans and threw an old plaid shirt that belonged to my father over my grey tank top. 

I took a look around our small home and nodded my head, agreeing with myself that I had everything before walking down the staircase that led to the first floor of our house that I had turned into an art studio.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zayn's POV

"You don't know you're beautiful,

Oh oh, 

That's what makes you beautiful!"

We finished singing to the class of third graders as they jumped up and down, squealing with their friends and singing along to all the songs. 

There was one kid in the corner, though. He was small and looked to young to be in third grade, but he was in the class and seemed to be enjoying himself jumping around, even if he was alone.

Before the bell rang, the teacher let them come up to talk to us, but still the boy didn't interact with the class mates he just sat in a chair reading. When the bell did ring, all the kids filed out, but he stayed.

"Oh, today's Monday, isn't it Leo?" The teacher smiled at the little boy. "You can get started on your book work before your sister comes if you want" she suggested.

"I already finished it!" he piped up.

"Of course" she chuckled, "well, the boys are going to be here for awhile, feel free to talk to them"

He looked over at us shyly and scratched the back of his neck, but didn't walk over to us. Liam was the first to take action and walk over to him, the rest of us close behind.