Part 5.

CHARLOTTES POV

Nothing like a bowl of coco puffs to start my day.
Mother is usually out this time of day so its quiet in the house.

The cerial feels like its not going down, with every spoonfull that I take the powl just... stays full.
Maybe I take little bites. Maybe I just have too much cerial. Mayb-
My thoughts are interrupted from the sound of the frount door opening.
I stand up.

Mother doesn't like it when I disrespect her like that. Sitting down.

After a series of clacking and tinging Mother enters the room.
She doesn't waste time sitting down in the chair directly infrount of me.

"You are going on another... you are busy tonight. As you know."
I just nod.

"You will be back by 11:00."
I nod again.
"you WILL be back by 11:00."
My jaw tenses at the sudden outburst.
But I nod.
"And you will. Because I will make sure of it."
I raise my head to look at her, a confused look on my face.
"Mother. What do you mean?"

Mother likes to postpone her ideas momentarily. Gets you thinking.

"Well... you need to be kept on task.
You need to be-"
She hesitates.
"Babysat."

Confusion is the only way I can describe this feeling. I'm 22 I dont need a babysitter.

"There is a young man waiting to go with you tonight. He is the son of an old friend of mine."
A tall dark figure emerges from the hall. Strong figure. Curly hair. Green eyes.
I know this man.
Its the man from the club.

"Mother. I can do it. I dont need him there. I've never let you down before."
Her head shoots up. Her eyes instantly locking with mine.
"You WILL go out tonight. You WILL go with HIM. NO EXCUSES!"

The man leans on the door frame smirking.
Instead of arguing i just stay silent.
"Now go get changed silly girl. You've got somewhere to be."

~

Silence is the only thing filling the space between us. My knees facing the door, his hand in his lap other than when he's shifting gears.

The warm air radiating from the windshield blowing on my exposed thighs. I move towards the window, my hand landing on the window switch pushing it down enough to crack the window.

The cool breeze of the cold air confirting in this particular time of uncomfortableness.

The man speaks breaking the silence "So... uhh- what are you doing after this?"
I stay silent.
I dont want to do anything I dont need to. I just need to do this and leave, none of this talking shit.

"Look, you don't have to talk. I just think it would be easier if we knew a bit about each other."
Why is he talking to me? He doesn't even need to talk to me.
"How about you tell me your name, I'll tell you mine."
I don't respond.

The man sighs turning to face me slightly. Me now facing him confused.
"Maybe... maybe your names Athena. Strong. Wise. Or maybe its Hera. A queen. Or... or its Hedone. Enjoyment. Pleasure..."
He turns to me. His eyes locked on mine.

"Charlotte..."
I practically whisper. I don't want to tell him but I dont want him to keep talking like that.
"Charlotte. I'm Harry."
He doesn't say anything else. Just smiles and turns back to face the road.

The rest of the ride to the club is silent. The only sound in the car is the low quiet hum of the car engine.

The car comes to a slow stop, Harry gets out walking around the frount of the car to open my door.