▔ six

—  THE FIRST TIME HE SAW HER WAS INEFFABLE

— THE FIRST TIME HE SAW HER WAS INEFFABLE. This woman was his soulmate, and one glimpse was enough to identify her as his possession.

Shalnark hesitated to tell his boss after good 3 hours of research. But Chrollo was already suspicious. 3 hours of research for just a person were already much. Sure 'y/n' could also be from Metior City or NGL, which meant it was unlikely to find the name in any database.

But Shalnark found something, evidence she wouldn't want to be found.

"Tell me Shalnark." The man calm said, laying down his bock on his lap, seeing the hesitation in his expression.

Pakunoda, who sat on the couch raised her gaze to her blond fellow member. They all were in an hotel apartment, of course under
false names.

"Well...she seemed to be disappeared, a few months ago."

"What do you mean with 'disappeared', do you think she's dead." Pakunoda asked, while Chrollos thoughts split into two different ways. First, she was a woman and second, she's not in the database anymore.

Shalnark pushed his chair a bit away from the PC, turning his body to his two friends. "Well, I can tell you who she is, family, job, education history etc. but any record ended 11 weeks ago. It seemed like she quit her job, rushed her degree, then after a time moved out of her apartment and finally completely disappeared with her name from the all platforms."

An unwell feeling appeared in Pakunoda's stomach. The same Shalnark had at this moment.

They both intuitively knew what that all meant and they were sure their boss as well, not knowing how that would effect him.

Their boss was calm, logical and anything but emotional. But this topic for sure was sensitive, a soulmate to have something so intime they couldn't imagine it. But their boss had one and in relation to that they didn't knew what to aspect. He wasn't talkative about that topic, but one thing they knew was that their boss acted different. They could fell that his intention were more emotional, it was hard to tell for other members but these two who knew humans the best were sure about that.

So how would he react having a soulmate running away from him.

"She went into hiding." He concluded, not showing any emotion in his face.

Shalnark briefly turned his head to the screen. "I can't tell that a hundred percent but it seemed like she tries to not leave any evidence of where she is."

"Do you think we can find her?" The woman asked, knowing already what would be ahead of them. Shalnark smiled. "I'm sure, maybe it'll take some time but it shouldn't be impossible."

Chrollo leaned his head back and stared at the ceiling. He would lie if he says he wasn't exited. His heart betrayed him.

"Why would she run..." He mumbled, keeping his emotionless face. The other two exchanged a short look. Worried.