v. gale goes feral

v. gale goes feral

gale hadn't fully recovered from the shock of the dream. having the dream wasn't anything new, gale had witnessed the story of althea and cyril many, many times, that wasn't the weird part. the weird part was the fact that it didn't stop where it was supposed to, it kept going, and he had a bad feeling about that in particular. the previous day was so eventful for all the wrong reasons, it was so suspicious. all of that stuff happening and now the dream is being weird? gale wasn't excited for the quest at all, and the dream didn't help in the slightest.

gale groaned, finally getting out of bed, noticing the frantic movements of his roommates as they rushed to get ready for the day. he quickly brushed his teeth, letting the water splash on his face in the hopes that it would wake him up at least a bit more, before he got dressed for the day, putting on a baby blue t-shirt, a pair of black jeans and sneakers he had gotten from the store a few months ago. he made sure his locket was attached securely around his neck. the accessory brought the boy a lot of comfort, a lot of memories were held in that little locket of his. he quickly tied his shoes when he noticed percy and frank talking.

he didn't exactly know how he felt about percy. i mean, yeah gale found him attractive, but the whole situation was so suspicious, it was scary, but honestly? gale felt bad for the guy. he couldn't imagine losing his memory and showing up at some random place, where people despised your presence the minute you got there just for existing. as much as they absolutely drove him batshit crazy, he couldn't imagine forgetting jason and arcana for who knows how long, they were the most important people in his life.

his mind wandered back to percy. what if he had a life before the amnesia? what if he had a mortal parent, who was missing their son who had been missing for who knows how long? what if he had friends, who were probably worried out of their minds? he had to have had a life before this, no one is just born as a teenager (unless they were a god or something, but that was too much of a headache to think about), so he probably did have a life before this. part of him wanted percy to reunite with the people from his old life, and yet, another part of gale didn't.

he had to shut that part up.

"um, should i wear my bedsheets?" percy asked from the top bunk next to his.

gale snorted. "that's only for the ten senators at camp. they're elected yearly, they're basically a group of people who speak to resolve issues. you have to have been at camp for five years to meet the criteria."

"so how come we're invited to the meeting?"

"because... you know, the quest," frank said nervously. gale didn't blame frank, ever since the eagle was lost quests had been a disaster. even if arcana didn't believe the power the eagle had, gale did, and with it lost, a part of him believed the quest could fail, but maybe that's just his pessimistic side talking. "we have to be in the discussion. you, me, hazel, gale and arcana. i mean, if you're willing..."