Part 2

~Athanasia's POV~

It had been a few weeks since my debutante ball and I was sitting beside the window, eating an apple when Lily suddenly burst into my room, "PRINCESS! HIS MAJESTY HAS REQUESTED YOUR PRESENCE!" She yelled, and yanked me out of my spot, 'Father wants to see me? Is he finally accepting me?' I couldn't hide my smile and it stayed on my face for the entire time that Lily, Hannah and Ces were dressing me up. (A/N: Picture of the dress at the top)

After I was completely ready, I was lead towards the entrance of the Ruby palace and saw Father's personal guard, Sir Felix Robane. "You look very beautiful, Princess," he complimented the moment he saw me, "I've been sent here to escort you, shall we?" Felix smiled in a way that made him look like a little puppy, I just nodded in response because I'm afraid that I will squeal if I open my mouth.

He held his palm out and I put my hand on it before the both of us started walking towards the Garnet palace. After walking for a few minutes, we finally reached a garden fill with white and pink roses and in the middle of the garden, Father was sitting on a table with three chairs, casually sipping his tea.

Felix and I proceeded towards him and when we were directly in front of him, Felix let go of my hand and went to stand besides Father. I curtsied and said my greetings, "Blessings and glory upon the Sun of the Obelian Empire," I raised my head to look at him, "Sit," was all he said.

I sat down on one of the chairs and as if on cue, a maid put a teacup filled with tea in front of me along with a slice of strawberry cake. I had to stop from drooling at the sight of it and instead looked back at Father, "May I know why you called me here?" I cautiously ask, "Do you know a boy your age with long black hair and and red eyes?" 'Long black hair and red eyes?' I scanned my memories for such a person when an image popped up in my head.

"Is it perhaps Sir Lucas?" I asked, looking up to meet Father's gaze and well, he was glaring at me, "So you do know him," he muttered. "He offered to be your playmate," that sentence was enough to make me choke on my own spit, "W-would you please repeat that Your Majesty?" I wanted to know if my ears were playing tricks on me or not.

"He offered to be your playmate," Father repeated, 'Ok wait a second, there's no way in hell that I'm accepting that, it just gives that guy more reason to be close to Raven and how do I know that he won't eat him when I'm not there?' I was about to refuse when Father spoke up again, "And he'll be joining us right now," as soon as he said that, I heard rustling coming from the bushes and a few seconds later, a voice chimed in, "Long time no see Princess".

I snapped my head towards him and gave him my scariest glare but he continued to walk towards us with a smile on his face, "Blessings and Glory upon the Sun and Star of the Obelian Empire," he bowed before taking a seat, 'This uncultured swine,' I grit my teeth and continued to glare at him.

"Tell me one thing Athanasia, how did you meet him if you never went out of the Ruby Palace?" Father's voice stopped my murderous train of thoughts and made me look at him, 'If I tell him that I met Lucas on the Palace grounds then maybe he will be jailed for trespassing,' I lit up and was just about to tell him but I got interrupted again, 'Tell him anything and your Raven's dead,' I heard that bastard's voice in my head, 'This little-'"I'm waiting," Father's voice cut off my thoughts again.

'Fuck it, I'm just gonna lie,' I decided, "He is a relative of Lily and she introduced him to me one day since she was put up to the job of babysitting him," I lied, 'Such a pathetic lie,' Lucas' voice entered my head again, 'Can you like shut the fuck up?' I barely resisted the urge to just punch him in the face right now, this brat just made me swear.

"I see," Father hummed before going back to his tea, 'Now I'm dreading to go back to Lily, I can't even enjoy the cake in peace!' I mentally groaned while shoving a piece of cake in my mouth. I glanced over to Lucas to see a smirk on his face.

I kicked him from under the table, making him spill his tea on himself, 'Hah! Try me bitch!' I mentally smirk but put on a worried façade, "Oh my! Are you okay?!" I got up and went beside Lucas with a napkin in my hand, "Here," I offered him the napkin and almost burst out laughing at his face, he was glaring murderously at me but accepted the napkin with a smile.

"Thank you Princess, you're still as kind as ever," he said, 'He's got acting skills, I'm gonna give him that,' I just smiled and went back to my seat. Picking up my teacup, I sipped the tea while pretending to not notice Lucas' glare, but as I was about to eat my cake, I noticed that the plate was empty, 'What?' I looked around and finally noticed that bastard's smirk, 'Oh no you didn't,' I started thinking of a way to take revenge without being obvious when an idea popped into my head, making me mentally cackle.

"Lucas, how's your child?" I asked in a cheerful tone, but had to stop myself from smirking when Lucas literally spit out his tea and started choking, "Pri-Princess I don't have a child," Lucas glared at me, "Oh really? But I clearly remember you sent me a letter saying that your girlfriend was pregnant and that was a year ago so I thought that the child was born already, or did I read it wrong?" I put my hand on my chin in a thinking position for extra effect.

"Aren't you fourteen as well?" Father spoke after a long time, "It's against the laws to have a kid before you reach eighteen," he looked at Lucas, who was wiping the tea off his clothes, "It's like the Princess said, Your Majesty, she misread it, the letter I sent said that my brother's girlfriend was pregnant and he is 23," Lucas emphasized the word 'brother' while glaring at me, "Oh I see, I'm sorry for causing a misunderstanding then," I smiled on the outside but on the inside I was laughing like a maniac.