Chapter 46 - Boyfriend

Friday

Friday

For one single day, everything had felt perfect to Senn. While he was having dinner with Elio's family, while he was playing memory with Joseph, Fabio and their father. Even when Elio played the piano, because Joseph wanted him to.

If Senn closed his eyes in that moment, he could almost swear he went back in time, and it was his father playing the piano.

He knew he wasn't the one, and he wasn't remotely as good as Elio was anyway, but it sure felt nice to remember the moments he spend at home with his parents.

By Wednesday, he woke up in his current life again, and reality hit him hard. Especially since Elio had texted him that he wouldn't be in school because of some family business he needed to take care of. Senn had been sad, wondering if it had anything to do with the fact Fabio and his father has so clearly pointed out that it wasn't like Elio to invite someone over. But, since they agreed to ask instead of assuming things, he asked.

Elio had assured him it didn't have anything to do with his visit, and he'd be back in school in no time.

By Friday, Senn wondered if they had a different meanings to the words 'in no time'.

"You're probably just bummed because your boyfriend isn't here." Was what Avan told him while they were heading to their lockers after school. "And since it's new, you are insecure over the fact he again wasn't in school for days."

"Yeah, what's up with that? If I'd stay away from school that much, they'd kick me out," Lucas asked, leaning against a locker while Senn opened his.

"One, he isn't my boyfriend. We're just... dating. Two, he has a lot to handle at home, and I guess school knows about that. They allowed me to stay home a lot too."

"Right," Avan said, nodding in agreement, "and it's none of our business, Luc."

Senn smiled, pulling the locker open, finding the note he completely forgot about. Elio had put it in his locker days before, and he hadn't even bothered to look at it.

He picked up the blue sticky note, turned it around, and smiled

Because I need you

That was probably the best reason Elio had given him so far.

"Guys, Imma head home and have dinner with Tessa and Dean," Senn turned towards them. "I know we agreed on going to get pizza together, but I want to invite Elio and introduce him at home."

"Big step, my man," Lucas slapped his shoulder, smirking at him. "Normally, I wouldn't let you get out of our plans that easy, but since Elio continuously turns your frown upside down, I'll let it slide."

"Agreed," Avan planted his elbows between Lucas' ribs when he kept wiggling his eyebrows at Senn. "Let's go, Casanova. The girls are waiting."

Senn chuckled as his friends took off, stuck the new note into his diary along with the others, and texted Elio to ask him if he wanted to have dinner at his place that evening. He added a 'maybe it's nice to get out of the house for a while' and left to go home and help Dean with dinner.

Since Elio didn't reply, Senn was continuously nervous. Tessa was making a huge deal out of it, Dean was being a bit awkward, and Killian and Jessica were teasing him because Senn's face kept burning up whenever they did.

Part of him already regretted inviting Elio over with those two around. But since Elio had introduced him to what he called his crazy family, Senn felt like he would survive it when Elio would meet his.

Things had been easier with Joyce; they had been friends for a long time already before they started dating. She had already known his parents like the back of her hand. He had met hers numerous of times too.

But when the doorbell rang, and Senn opened the door to find Elio nervously hopping from foot to foot, he couldn't help but chuckle, pulling him in for a quick kiss and a long hug.

"Hey," Elio said, and chuckled when Senn didn't let go of him for a long time. "I just saw your text; I hope I'm in time."

"You are. Everything okay?"

"Getting better. I'll explain later."

"Right." Senn nodded, sliding his hand in his to pull him inside. "Beware, Jessica and Killian are in an annoying mood. They might tease you, or us."

"Nothing I can't handle. You do not want to know how annoying everyone at home has been ever since you visited on Tuesday."

"Something tells me they acted right about the same way my family is." Senn lead him into the kitchen, where Dean was just placing dinner at the table. "Guys, this is Elio, my uh..."

"Boyfriend?" Jessica filled in, wiggling her eyebrows at Elio.

"Jess!" Tessa said in a warning tone of voice. "Take a seat." She gestured towards two chairs, still smiling. "I'm Tessa, Senn's aunt. This is Dean, that's our daughter Jessica, and—"

"Killian," he said, offering Elio a hand. "nice to finally meet you."

"Nice to meet all of you too," Elio replied, though Senn noticed he was nervous, wiggling his leg. In response to his nerves, Senn grabbed hold of his hand and squeezed it reassuringly.

It felt kind of weird, introducing a guy to his family, knowing they were together. It was a first, and Senn wasn't sure if he would've ever done it if he hadn't known exactly how supportive they were of him.

"I have to admit, you two are a cute couple," Jessica said, staring at Elio curiously. "But I will break your neck if you hurt my cousin."

Elio snorted, nodding his head, "I bet you would. I heard just as much about you, as you probably heard about me."

"But we're not a couple," Senn said, knowing Elio didn't want to rush into things. He agreed, all at due time.

"You're not?" Tessa frowned.

"We're just dating," Senn said, sending Elio a smile. "Or whatever."