Prologue: Thunder and Lightning

"After it!" A voice boomed in the distance as lightning struck the ground with a crackle and a boom.

"Tch, how persistent," I growled as I sprinted through the forest, swinging from one branch to another speedily as the rain pelted my creamy yellow fur.

Trails of cyan electricity crackled behind me as I whizzed through the maze of trees. No good. The pursuers are keeping up with my speed.

I quickly skid to a stop, slamming my fists onto the ground, which squelched underneath my paws.

Flashes pulsed from the thunderclouds above. A moment later, streaks of lightning bolted out from the gloomy sky, hitting the ground before me, dislocating part of the earth, forming an uneven terrain. At the same time, my pursuers- a Zangoose and a Roserade- bursted into the opening, getting caught up in the attack as well, losing their footing.

Gritting my teeth, I whirled around and ran towards the mountains, in an attempt to outrun them.

An Ariados popped out from the tree in front of me, binding me with whips thin threads.

Not yet!

Closing my eyes, I sent the electricity through the tips of my claws, shredding the sticky webs around me with a flash and a crackle.

Then something exploded between my eyes, spraying my face with purplish acid.

Crap! I thought as I staggered backwards, clawing the slimy substance off my face. Forcing open my eyes, I delivered a quick slash at the opponent with my razor sharp claws, knocking it out right away.

A pain stabbed throughout my body as I landed on the ground swiftly. I roared in pain, stumbling forward.

An enemy? I looked around, panting heavily.

No. There wasn't anyone here yet.

The Sludge Bomb from earlier, I realised.

A roar rang in the distance,

They're here. They're coming after me! Stand up! Stand up! Stand up! Run for it!

I forced myself to move, I'm not going down just like this. No way.

Discharging electricity from the paw pads on my foot, I propelled myself forward with a bright flash of light.

The enemies spotted me immediately, but it didn't matter. I'm way faster than they are.

Leaping from branch to branch, I stayed alert.

Behind.

I swerved out of the way immediately. The attack missed me completely. Glaring at the Golbat, I charged forward, leaving deep scratch marks on it. Its body slumped to the ground, crackling with static.

The pain pulsed through me again as I clutched my head in pain.

When is this damn poison gonna wear off! Those bastards-

Sending another few streaks of lightning crashing into the ground to deter my pursuers' efforts, I continued running with all I had got.

It hurts! It hurts! It hurts! My mind hollered as I slammed my claws on the ground, running through the forest like a wild beast.

The wild Pokemon shrieked and scattered once they saw me.

That's right. I'm a monster to them. A predator who could MAUL them to death then SHRED and TEAR their limbs apart.

I stumbled out into the opening.

A dead end. A menacingly bare cliff. Nowhere to run.

"Now now, let's get along, stop running from us, would you," a cold voice said from behind me. The sickening click clack of the net projectile gun rung in my ears.

I turned around and growled, shifting into battle stance.

NO. WAY.

Pokemon hunters, everywhere.

Of course. Mounting my head on the wall will be a valuable display of power and might for them.

Not that I'm going to allow them to do that to me.

Claws outstretched, I pounced at them.

The man smirked, sending out a Pangoro.

Shifting my paws, I went overhead, delivering a slash to its face before landing behind it.

"Fast..." The Pangoro mumbled as his eyes glinted with the desire to kill.

It reached out to grab my arm.

"Keep your hands off me!" I roared, smashing my elbow into its gut, forcing it away from me.

- Click Clack -

I sharpened my claws, spinning around and taking a step back, shredding the net.

I leaped up again as Pangoro charged at me, its fists glowing red.

It's do or die.

Blue electrostatic orbs glowed from my palms as I raised them above me, then slammed them into the ground.

Cracks appeared, extending their reach towards the Pangoro. Anytime now, the ground will cave under it, and a strong surge of voltage would blast under it.

There was a low rumble beneath me.

I took a step backwards, startled, before realising why.

The magical formula of life:

One small mistake = instant death.

An attack which shatters the ground with its force- Plasma Fists.

And I used it, on a cliff ledge.

The ground cracked under me and I fell, losing my footing.

There's no escape. No way out.

I plunged down, down, down and down, splashing into the icy ocean below.

The waves thrashed and tossed me around violently as I held my breath in the water.

Even so, there's a limit to a Pokemon's endurance, and my strength finally gave in as the darkness engulfed me whole.