Chapter 20 - Pain comes in all shapes and sizes

-//- Sara’s pov -//-

I woke up to feel a body beside me my head laid on his arm the warmth from his body spreading through me. Rolling onto my back and sitting up I held the quilt to my body, turning my head I saw Klaus was already awake his eyes staring intently at the ceiling as if he had zoned out. Looking away from him I grabbed my underwear from the bottom of the bed slipping them on, I raised my arms up into the air stretching like that of a cat.

“Did I hurt you?” Klaus asked from my side his eyes had moved away from the ceiling to land onto me.

I looked over to him with a small smile and a shake of my head “No, I’m fine” I did however raise my had to my neck lightly running over a bite mark, it was soar to touch but it didn’t hurt all too bad. Klaus saw my movements as he sat up swiftly biting into his wrist holding it to me, I frowned not wanting to drink it already feeling as if his blood was a drug and I was ever so slowly becoming addicted.

Klaus sighed narrowing his eyes he looked as if he was about to say something negative but he seemed to change his mind using a different approach “If you want it to be kept a secret you’re going to have to drink my blood, otherwise you will have to answer questions…”

I sighed understanding what he was talking about, so I slowly nodded my head watching as he bite his wrist again holding it to my lips. I sucked up the blood pulling away once I felt I had enough. I ran a hand through my hair suppressing a yawn, to my right my phone started to buzz leaning over I grabbed it seeing a message from Elena.

Hey, wanna come over and help paint a room?

I smiled sadly at the message even though she wasn’t beside me I could tell she was hurting from Ric’s death. I quickly texted back

Of course, I’ll be round soon

Putting my phone down I glanced to Klaus his eyes questioning me “It was a message from Elena she wants me to go round” I grabbed a hold of his shirt pulling it on and standing up he gave me another confused look “I’m getting a drink”

“I can get you one?” He replied easily.

I rolled my eyes “I’m capable of getting my own drink, just because I can’t run super-fast doesn’t mean anything” I retorted with a pout as I walked out of his bedroom hearing his chuckle from behind me as he laid back onto the bed.

 “Hmm so you are a minx…”

I jumped slightly turning round to see who the voice belonged to, I inwardly groaned seeing Rebekah standing a few feet away from me a smug smirk on her lips. “Err hi?” I greeted her awkwardly. She chuckled stepping closer before circling me like I was her prey “I wonder what your little friends would say if they found out you just slept with the enemy…”

A lump formed into my throat as I looked at her, afraid she would tell everyone. A dark giggled passed her lips as she could see my panic “Oh come on do you really think I would rat you out?”

I nodded my head sharply “Yes.”

I suddenly found myself pressed up against a wall her hand round my throat, she smirked down at me “Well it looks like you know me so well…” She drawled out sourly, her grip getting tighter around my throat.

Just as my vision started to go blurry my neck was released, as my sight came back I saw Klaus had Rebekah pinned against a wall, his hand firmly round her throat as he lifted her off the ground slightly a menacing snarl coming from his chest.

“N-Nick” She gasped out clawing at his hand.

Taking in a deep breath I massaged my neck moving over to them cautiously I slowly placed a hand onto his shoulder “Klaus…” I whispered softly. He turned to look at me his luminous yellow eyes sending a shiver down my spine, his gaze instantly softened. He released Rebekah once she was out of his grip she disappeared from sight.