Familiar Faces: Part Three - J.B.B./W.S.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Hello everyone! Sorry for the lateness of this update. I just started school for the semester so I have been a little preoccupied.

I hope you enjoy!

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

| Bucharest, Romania, July 2016 |

As I punch another officer in the face, severely cracking his protective goggles and rendering him unconscious, I look around me, finding many unconscious bodies but not one supersoldier in sight. I peek over the railing and find more bodies littering the stairwell, as well as a broken railing and a bent railing. I remember Soldat hopping down there. He must have caught himself on the bent rail. I jump over the railing and catch the bent one, bending it further. Once over it and on solid ground once again, I quickly notice no Soldier and one broken-down door leading to a balcony. I run to see the view, hoping to spot the Soldier. On the next rooftop I can see three men and a helicopter hovering above them. It shoots toward the two men in stand off. I recognize one as the Soldier, and my heart skips a few beats, fearing for his life. Relief and shock floods me when I see the bullets ricochet off of the man over Soldat, protecting him entirely. A man in a winged suit I immediately recognize as the Falcon appears seemingly out of nowhere and pushes the chopper off its balance, sending it into a spin.

As the Soldier takes off running, the man in the black suit pursues, following him even to the edge of the roof and over. Rogers does the same, following close behind.

I decide to take a shortcut to try and cut off the man in the black suit. He's priority over Rogers right now. At least Rogers isn't trying to kill the Soldier like everybody else.

I run and jump off the balcony, the wind blocking out all other sound from my ears, then land a little less gracefully than I would have liked, but without injury. I sprint to the adjacent side of the roof that Soldat and the other two jumped off of and leap without hesitating. I meet the pavement below in a roll, narrowly escaping being mowed down by the Soldier as he runs past. I right myself fast and run towards my target not far behind the Soldier. He anticipates my attack, but he misinterprets my speed. I'm able to clock him square in the face with a flying side kick before he can attempt to dodge. The man's head snaps backward and he falls to the ground. He kicks himself back up from the ground and prepares to fight me in order to get through me.

He comes at me with his claws headed right toward my face. I maneuver around his swipes and strike at his stomach, only to hit what feels like a brick wall.

Ugh...that's right. His suit deflects bullets. Wish I had thought of that beforehand.

I ignore the radiating pain coming from my knuckles and focus on keeping the man busy rather than putting him down. He's a good fighter, and he's quick, but not as quick as me. Despite that, he manages to get a lucky hit to my head with enough force to stun me for a moment. He takes that moment to kick me in the face, hard. I meet the pavement in a foggy state which lasts for no longer than a few seconds, but it's enough for the man to flee out of sight.

Guess I'm a little rusty after all these years.

I pick myself up off the ground, fully functioning once again, and run to see if I can still tail him. But no matter which direction I look in, he's nowhere to be found. I press my lips in a thin line, frustrated at the prospect of having to search for them, but continue on.