[2]

I open my eyes slowly. I stand in a room with light blue walls, and two windows with frilly curtains. Outside the windows though, is nothing. Just blankness. White, black. I can't tell.

On the walls are pictures with the same blankness of the windows. In the center of the room is a white table with mint green lining.

A China tea set is in the middle if the table. The tea is a dirt brown colour. Steaming.

Everything seems so calm. I hate it. Something is off.

"Hello." I turn to find a woman who was not there before. I don't know how she got there; there are no doors.

She wears a frilly blue, pink and green faded dress. Her golden hair is curled and a large sun hat covers her face, so all I can see is her mouth.

"Sit with me," she says and walks over to the table.

I follow her.The chairs are comfortable.
She takes a sip of her tea; I do not.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"My name has no impact on you," she replies, little emotion in her voice.

"Where am I?"

"At the table."

"Why am I here?"

She tilts her head a bit. "To have tea, of course. Crumpet?"

I take it, but do not eat it.

"Are you the voice of Dr. Jenean?"

She waved the question aside. "We really must hurry. The wolves will be here soon."

"What?" I ask. "Wolves? Never mind. You won't tell me who you are, where we are, or why we're here."

My hands go ice cold, my fingertips warm, like they always do when I become agitated. Or in this case, curious.

The woman smiles in a beautiful, mischievous way, her chin tilted down.

"I've told you: We're at the table, to have tea. As for who I am, well, if I were you I would be more concerned with what I am."

"So, what are?" My hands were tingling dangerously now.

"A warning. Things are changing. Fast. When he comes, go with him. Understand? Don't trust any of these scientists, understand? And no matter what, don't take this off."

She pulls a small sliver chain from oblivion. I took it and pulled it over my head.

"I don't understand. This is supposed to be a test. An experiment. What are you playing at Dr. Jeanean? What is this?"

"I am not Jeanean. Just promise me you will go with the boy. I must leave now. The wolves approach."

I hear a distant howling, and my hands light up, catching everything on fire. The woman disappears.

"Wait!" I yell. "Come back."

The fire overcomes me and the wolves burst through the flames, and I am ripped out of the illusion.

SHOUT OUTS

Shout out to Luver_of_Leo_Nico and @POJOisawesome