[1]

"Come'n. Just one more test, and you'll be done for the week."

I shake my head no, and bring my knees to my chest, scooting back further, as if the cold corner will protect me.

Dr. Jenean groans in frustration. She is a short middle-aged women with a square jaw and long hooked nose. Her thin blonde hair is pulled back in a bun. I hardly notice it though. My eyes are drawn to the band around her head.

All scientists and doctors studying me are required to wear one. To 'keep me out if their mind', as they put it. 'Just a safety pro caution' because 'only the best for the world's best science/medical research center.'

The way they word things make it seem as if they are only doing this to help the world. But I can see past their elusions. I know they're scared of me. They want my power.

"Do not make us take you by force," She continues. "We don't like doing this, but it's necessary."

"You don't have to." I whisper. "For as long as I can remember you've tested on me. What are you searching for?" I know the answer though.

Dr. Jenean presses her lips together and closes her eyes. "Do not make this harder than it has to be."

"I'm not a monster." I am shaking. "Don't be scared of me." I am pathetic. "Please. The test scare me. They hurt." I am begging.

"Impossible. You are immune to pain."

I shake my head no. "Physical maybe. Not mentally though. Not emotionally."

I looking into her eyes. They are cold as ice. Emotionless. They don't care for you. A voice whispers in my head.

"What do you want?" She asks shortly.

What do I want? A family. Someone who cares. Someone.

But since that cannot happen, I say, "Dr. Goldeon." He is the only doctor who has ever talked to me out of his own free will. The only one who treats me like I'm not a monster. Or a demented child.

"He's busy." Dr. Jenean replies coldly. "Now come with me."

"No."

She turns away and speaks into her earpiece. "Sv-8958 is refusing. I need backup. I-"

"Stop. I'll come." I'd rather go of my own free will, then being escorted and watched like a weapon.

She rolls her eyes and says,"Never mind."

I walk with her down a series of hallways. At last we reach a large white room. It is almost empty, an uncomfortable white chair sits in the middle. Equipment surrounds it. On the wall is a large screen.

A strangled cry builds in my throat and threatens to break free. I can't do this, I can't; I have to.

I walk towards my enemy and sit down. Last one of the week. I am not sure if I want the week to end though. Next week I have my surgery. But it is better than this. Anything is.

"We tried out a new mix." Dr. Jenean says while attaching wires to my arms and chest. "It will be different this time. Are you comfortable?"

"No." I say. She injects me with a syringe and needle.

"Good. Try and relax. It will be over soon."

My body goes numb, and everything turns black. My last thought is, no! no! NO! and I'm pulled into a nightmare....

___________________________
A/N: okay hope you like it. Please vote comment and follow! I got the whole simulation and illusion thing from Divergent. You'll know what I'm talking about in the next chapter. Shoutout of the week to........................ 3Hours_Of_Winter and -_-Wonderland-_- I choose randomly for the shoutout. But if you comment a lot I'll give you one!!!!!
Peace out!