a little bit of colour // g.w

Request: *slides into ur DMs* HELLO ALEXA I'D LIKE TO MAKE A REQUEST! do you like soulmate AUs? would you be up to writing one with my man george? it can be anything you like, really, i don't have any specific requests for it. i trust your judgement. bonus points tho if he's a SAP. if this is stupid or WAY too vague feel free to ignore, i'm just knee deep in my emotions for my men

prompt: your world is in black and white until you touch your soulmate for the first time

warnings: mentions of food, mentions of war and blood, and death (no spoilers but...it's not sad????)

word count: 3.4K

a/n: my first ever soulmate au!!! weeee! ok anyways, this was a blast to write and i really loved this request!

———————————————

MAY

"Are you sure you're ready for this?"

You turned over to your left, eyeing Hermione, her forehead supporting a large gash that didn't seem to bother her, but the sight sent your stomach into a frenzy. She had called you to Hogwarts nearly an hour ago, telling you that it was time. You knew exactly what she meant — but were you ready? Most likely not.

The war had erupted way much quicker than you anticipated. One second, you were walking through your apartment on your way to make tea, and the next, you were at Hogwarts and your life was on the line. Everyone's lives were on the line, really.

"Of course I am," you nodded, "This is what we trained for, remember?"

You eyed the crumbling grey castle walls, memories and flashbacks playing through your mind like an old movie that you couldn't quite seem to give up. Walking to class, having a laugh with your friends, sneaking down during the night to get some snacks as Filch's footsteps followed you down. Memories that would never fade, but ones that felt faint. Like they weren't really yours. Especially now as the castle, quite literally, fell apart around you.

You thought back to your training with Dumbledore's Army, the defensive spells and quick reflexes that you were taught in secret while the Wizarding World grew darker by the day. It was valuable, and as much as you despised the situation you were currently in, you were thankful for Harry's ability to teach.

Hermione led you down the stairs, both of your wands at the ready, as you continued to turn and run down familiar corridors. The Order was meeting in the Great Hall to step in if newly appointed Headmaster Snape tried to attack Harry, and you didn't want to miss it.

As you arrived by the doors to the Hall, you were met with faces you had missed dearly. Lupin stood at the front, face tired but alert. Kingsley stood by his side, offering you an anxious smile. These guys had been through a lot and you trusted them with your whole soul, but who could ever really be prepared for this?

Your eyes landed on the twins at the far end of the group. A smile made its way onto your lips and you walked over, a bubble of excitement in your chest. Which was rather odd in the middle of a war. But honestly, George Weasley really did have that affect on you.

"Fancy seeing you boys here," you smirked, tilting your head in a small greeting, "Glad we can all come together for the end of the world."

George let out a sarcastic laugh, "Oh, yes. The perfect time for a reunion."

You had been in the same year as them, but in a different house. Through a few shared classes and training with Harry, you got to know them quite well. They were sweet in a chaotic sort of way, and you really admired their boldness. After all, that was needed right now.