Chapter 1: A Day in the Life

TGIF. All I’ve gotta say is TGIF. I am so tired of school. Tomorrow my mom promised to take me out for a drive. Just like old times. I got dressed into a black fitted t-shirt with a white music note on it; the kind that sort of looks like two sixes connected by a thick line at the top. I also put on a pair of faded blue skinny jeans and classic short, sand colored, Uggs. I brushed my long, wavy, light brown with a strong tint of red hair and braided it as I normally do.

            I ate a Poptart for breakfast and headed outside to the bus stop locking the door behind me. My mom worked early in the morning and that left me home alone in the morning. I didn’t mind. Now I have no one asking me stupid questions like “how did you sleep?” or “did you have any weird dreams last night?” or “what do you want for breakfast?” or even “is it ok that I gave you potato chips instead of popcorn in your lunch?”

            By reading that mini rant, you can probably tell that I’m not a morning person.

            I was only greeted by a wave from my buddy, Ally. She lived across the street from me since we were kids. She’s in seventh grade now and I’m in eighth. I just turned fourteen on October 28th, and she turned twelve on September 18th. She’s in that situation where she’s young for her grade.

            By time I arrived at school, I was awake enough to function. I went to my locker and was greeted by my friends as they came in. Sara as usual was humming some Bowling for Soup song. Darcy had one earphone in, but she took it out and put her iPod in her bag. Mandy and Leanne came in talking about one direction. Probably about what kind of underwear Louis Tomlinson was wearing. I like One Direction. They at least have talent because they won X-Factor. They’re not like Nicki Minaj whose music is “computer beep, computer beep, computer beep, you a stupid hoe! Beep beep bop.” Sorry if I offended anyone. (A/N: I’m sorry if I did offend anyone. That’s just my input. But I do like “Starships.”)

            I go through the day going to classes, talking to friends, being annoyed with assholes, etc. The whole middle school experience! I also began to think about how great it would be if I applied to Kitherwood Academy in time.

            You’re probably wondering what Kitherwood Academy is. Kitherwood Academy is a boarding school in England for grades five through twelve. They have enriched learning programs so you have to be very smart to get in. I was going to apply, but I didn’t do it in time, and the application fee was $350 for international students. My mom thought that it was a bit pricey. And international students’ tuition fee cost a lot of money. They had a scholarship program going on and with my straight a report cards since third grade, I could have gotten it. But like I said, I didn’t apply in time.

            Their headquarters are in America funny enough and they are having an open house this weekend for students to look at so they can apply next fall. My mom said she’d take me. I was going to attempt to get into the school at the open house, so I filled out an application, and pulled out $350 from my wallet (I have been saving money since fifth grade, putting half into saving and half into spending) and got all my fifth grade, sixth grade, and seventh grade report cards together and put them into one of those fancy manila file folders, including my school picture, my information like my name, and birthday, etc.