Chapter 6: Pressed Poppy's in a Love Letter

____________________________________
~*~

Arlos P.O.V~

The blonde king held true to his promise, and watched over his new soldiers closely. For the first few days, he kept them close. He instructed them to stay by his side and guard him only. They stayed a his throne side, unmoving.

What Arlo gathered so far was that a) Adrion and John had a close bond, and were not to be separated(so he obviously had to separate them) b) John is shy, but can also be very blunt and honest when needed and c) Adrion can be unintentionally rude.

The king rubbed his eyes and rose out of bed. His room was basked in bloody red from the light outside. He perked up. Maybe he had a chance to see th sunrise?! He jumped out of bed and dashed to his window and flung open the curtains. He was wrong, dead wrong.

The sun was already over Tilapia Hills, disappearing behind the heavy black Strauss nimbus clouds forming in the sky.

Arlo rolled his eyed and stomped his foot in aggravation. It might sound petty and dumb to others, but he liked the sun rise. It was important to him. The one thing that he had to remind him of his lost parents. He remembered when he was a young boy, what his dear father Rei had told him on one early sunny morning.

~*~

The 4 year old prince was shaken awake. "Arlo! Sunshine! My boy, wake up!" Rei whispered, lightly shaking his sons shoulder. "Hmm?" The boy murmured, sitting up weakly and rubbing his eyes. "Papa? What's going on? Where's Remi and other papa?" Rei laughed. "Remi and papa Kuyo are sleeping, but come on, I have to show you something!" He lifted his son into the air and spun him around, making the blonde child erupt in laughter. Rei waltzed to the window and set his son at the edge. "What are you doing papa?" Arlo asked, yawning. Rei looking down at his child and his smile broadened. "Watch this!"  He flung the curtains open.

Arlo was met with a sight like no other.

He was astounded. The young prince gasped and patted the glass roughly, as if trying to go closer to the flaming ball in the sky.

"Papa, papa! Can we go closer?! I want to go closer! Can we papa, please?!" He begged.

Rei laughed at his sons reaction. He  lifted him up once again.

"The sun is too far away for us my boy," he chided, booping his nose.

Arlo pouted. "But why? Its right there!"

"Just because its close Arlo, doesn't mean you can reach it. The sun rises every morning, the start of a new day. What would happen if the sun didn't rise, or if we didn't have a sun at all?"

Arlo thought for a moment. "Well...if the sun never raised again, then the devils would crawl out of hell and ravage our world. The same thing would happen if we didn't have a sun, right papa?"