Chapter 2 (Present)

I almost broke the pencil in half. Why did I do it? Right on cue, Alice opened the door inviting herself in while carrying a baby blue plastic bag in her other hand. I snatched the plastic bag out of her hand and opened it. Inside were my favorite sweets.

"Perfect. Thanks Liz." I gave her leg a hug since getting up from my bed would be too much hassle.

Alice read the first paragraph secretively before asking me the same question every single day, "Why don't you finish your story the same day you made it?"

"That's because I just don't feel like it. Writing hurts my hands. Every writer needs some time to think about what they're writing."

"Then get a laptop smart one." Alice replied clearly mocking me.

"You going to buy me one?" I asked looking straight in her eye while popping a couple of macaroons into my mouth.

"Of course not. You have to buy it for yourself since you're the one who's going to use it." She replied back obviously not bothered by my glare. "You do know that I'm always here for you right? I know that you write stories to express yourself and to tell the whole world what you think really happened to Clane." Alice held my hand in hers and kept rubbing them together until I nodded my head. "Good. I just want to let you know that Mags."

Hearing my own name made me cringed. Flashes of terrible memories flooded into my brain at once. "I told you not to call me that." I said pain clearly heard from my voice.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have called you that. But you should be back to your normal self by now. Graduation is next month and Clane isn't here anymore to hurt you." Alice said trying to comfort me.

"No. I deserve to be like this. No one believes me and that's why I write stories to tell you guys what really happened." I almost yelled at her; my very own friend. "Look. I'm sorry. I'm really frustrated on why no one believes that I almost killed Clane and it wasn't an accident! I know that you are protecting me but it doesn't help at all!" I pointed at the door and motioned for her to get out. "I'll call you tomorrow Liz."

Alice looked at me with sympathetic eyes before closing the door on her way out. After she left, I got another pencil and continued writing, desperate to finish the story before sundown so that I could mail it to the Jones by tomorrow afternoon. I read where I last stop before continuing my tragic story.