Chapter 9

*Amelia Pov*

When I got out of the car, I saw that calder was talking to his beta. I stood there calmly not listening to anything they are saying I mean I am not the type of one to pry into others matters.

I looked at the beta ya he is handsome and well built but not much as calder of course. He is taller than me. He has a charm but most interesting thing is he is not breathing. He is only doing two things one nodding his head and two saying 'yes alpha' that's it nothing else. Hmmm interesting.

After few minutes Calder motioned me towards the house. After entering it I have only one word to say 'Wow' I didn't said it out load but it's the only thing appropriate to say. The interior designing, furniture everything is exceptional. It's beautiful but there is no life like no feeling that this is home.

 He led me through the stair case on the first floor after passing two rooms he stopped in front of a door.

"This is your room." He said opening the door.

It is same type like my old one at home but inside it is dull. I have to change it after asking his permission I don't need to ask but it is better but not now.

"Where is yours?" I asked him. I know we can't share a room, Ya we are mates but we are not like other mate couples so it's cool and it will also be awkward. So it is good thing, we have to take each step slowly.

"My room is on third floor. This is my beta Ryland, he is going to be your protector for few days. If you need anything ask him he will do it." He told me pointing towards his beta who followed us.

I nodded and smiled towards Ryland but he just nodded. I wanted to tease him about still not breathing completely and stood as erect as a pole but I kept quiet because I don't know how Calder will react to that.

Ryland put my bags in my room which I didn't saw him carrying I totally forgotten about them. They both started to go downstairs. I don't know what to do so I followed them. When we got near front door, he turned towards Ryland and said "I need to look into few matters stay here."

"Yes alpha." Ryland replied his common dialogue. Calder nodded towards him and towards me and left. That went well.

I turned towards Ryland and stared at him he is still looking at the front door and still not breathing. Wow.

"You can breathe you know no one is gonna make you pay for that." I told him.

He looked at me in confusion in a manner that he didn't understood what I am saying.

"Oh!! You didn't understood, just take in some oxygen and release some carbon dioxide you know breathe in breathe out. It's simple try it, I have been doing it for forever." I explained him. And guess what happened next he really released some air.

"Thank god you are breathing I don't want everyone to think that I entered the pack and their beta died with lack of air." I told him dramatically.

With that he burst out laughing clutching his stomach, after sobering up he said "You are very interesting one Luna."

"Why thank you I try very hard it's very difficult task, but please call me Amelia or Meli." I said to him.

"Glad to meet you Meli." He said to me held his hand out I returned his gesture.

"Same here." I told him.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked.

"Didn't you already, ok ok ask away." He said.

"Are you afraid of your alpha that much?" I asked him seriously.

"Pftt me afraid of my alpha no chance." He said to me confidently in which he definitely failed and looking at every direction except me. And I just stood there raising an eyebrow giving him a look ' Are you kidding me'.

"Ok I lost. I am not just afraid, I am terrified. He is so serious; I just pray that he never gets frustrated because of me." He told me with little fear.

Oookk damn I am even more terrified now. I smiled and just kept quiet but then I suddenly remembered something.

"Hey why did you got choked at your drink when my father introduced me and Clader as mates?" I asked me.

He looked at me guiltily and said "Oh that, I didn't expected my alpha ever having a mate that too in a party to which we were not going to attend in the first place. There had been a work for us near your pack suddenly that's why we attended."

OHHH!!! It means if there was no work for them, I wouldn't have even met my mate and I would have been mateless. And god knows when there would be another opportunity for him to meet me.

Watching my thinking Ryland said "Hey, don't think too much. Come on what do you want to do on your first day. Do you want to rest or Rome around the pack?"

"I am a little tired, I want to take rest and unpack my bags so tommorow." I told him.

"Ya sure." He said.

"Hey why did Clader said that you will protect me for only few days after that what will happen." I asked him.

"Actually your protector is our third in command; he is out of town for pack business. I am just temporary after he returns he will take his place." He said.

"Ok. But I wish to be in touch with you even after. You are a good friend. Sorry sorry I hope you don't mind me thinking you as my friend." I told him.

"Hey I am actually honored that our Luna wants me as her friend. So thank you." He said.

I smiled at that. Glad I already made a new friend and hope to make even more new friends. I can't live without friends. And I feel that Ryland and I are going to be best friends in little time. He is very good guy.

I got another doubt, "Hey do you have mate?" I asked him.

Immediately he smiled a very bright smile with love shinning in his eyes and said "Yes. Her name is Rachael."

"Great, I want to meet her." I told him.

"Sure. You can meet her tomorrow." He said.

I nodded and climbed to my floor and went inside my room. I called my parents informing them that I reached and also my friends. We talked for sometime how we missed each other. I even told about this house, how it is. And as many details as I know. I am already feeling home sick, I totally miss them.

After that I unpacked my bags, It took lot of time. Packing is quiet easy compared to unpacking. Its dinner time, Clader still didn't return. And I don't want to eat alone so I got ready for sleep and lied down on my bed.

My wolf is happy inside and I can feel that, she is just waiting for our mate to mark us. But I want that to happen when he is like really want to do it not because he had to. I want our relation strong even humanly not only because of our wolf's.

I am totally looking forward to get to know him. I want him to know me also. Tomorrow I need to even look around the pack and get to attach with the atmosphere as I am going to live here from now on forever.

My thoughts went to the love shinned in each mate couple's eyes I saw and even in Ryland's eyes for his mate just by mentioning about her. I just hope one day I can see that in Calder's eyes.

With that thought I drifted off to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's Calder