10. Tot

Nandini and Aliya took the seat in the doctor's cabin who went to wash his hands and remove the hand grouse.

   Aliya took a deep breath, crossing her fingers to get the good news. 

   She can't wait to see her favourite and only uncle to become like before.

  She still remembered the time when he would make Kachoris whenever she would be upset.

   Soon the doctor sat on his chair.

Doctor: Don't be worried he is alright.

   Both the girls took a breath of relief. They thanked the gods.

Doctors: We will keep him 1-2 weeks for observation and then we can continue with discharge. We also observed that there is a minor complication.

    Now that worried Nandini. She held her skirt in a tight grip not to receive any bad news.

Doctor: No, it is not life-threatening. The thing is the operation was delayed for a year so this has damaged a few of his muscle tissues of Mr Murthy. It can be cured by treatment of 2 months. If you ask me when can he walk I think we can say it approximately a year.

Nandini: Can you roughly give me the sum of the treatment.

Doctor: It will be nearly a lakh. 

   All the savings she had got form working in NGO was enough only for the operation, some amount for the tablets.

   Now, where will she bring the money from? 

Doctor: I hope you have the health insurance of Mr Murthy.

   Nandini smiled at the doctor.

Nandini: You know my state doctor. Just to get the 3 meals of the day I have to work and health insurance is out of the question.

Doctor: I will try contacting some NGOs.

   Nandini nodded at the doctor but she knew the NGOs work like deals as she worked for 'care' NGO.

   'Care' NGO was owned by Malhotras and Chopras. They had asked Nandini to work for the NGO for a year to give the amount for the operation.

    Now she didn't have the strength to work for the NGO.

Manik: I will see to the complete treatment of Anand. Murthy.

    Nandini looked at the voice surprised by the authority in the voice.

    The doctor looked confused but nodded as he didn't want to get involved.

    Aliya opened her mouth to burst on Manik who just went away without saying a thing.

Nandini: Aliya wait near papa. I have to talk about some important things with Mr Malhotra.

Aliya: But Nandu...

Nandini: Aliya, please...

Aliya: Fine!

    Aliya made a face walking out of the cabin.

    Nandini took a breath to think properly and take the decision.

   Nandini saw Manik busy in a call. She waited for the call to end, once it was ended Nandini decided to speak.

Nandini: Thank you for your concern Mr Malhotra but I don't need your help.

Manik: I told you to call Manik.

Nandini: I have left my job, Mr Malhotra.

Manik: You didn't give any resignation.