Chapter 1

Jennie looked around the room bleary eyed and half asleep as she stretched out her muscles. She could barely make out anything in the complete darkness of the room, and the alarm on her nightstand informed her that it was a little after four. She could feel Lisa's warmth radiating from the other side of the bed, and it wasn't until her stomach roiled uncomfortably that she realized the reason for her being awake at this ungodly hour in the first place.

She quickly peeled the covers off of her, careful not to disturb her sleeping wife as she slipped out of bed, making her way promptly to the bathroom before blindly feeling around on the wall for the light switch. The tiled floor was cold beneath Jennie's knees as she knelt down in front of the ceramic toilet bowl with her elbows propped up on the seat and waited for what she knew was coming. Her body lurched forward a few moments later as she began emptying the contents of her stomach into the bowl. She tried to be as quiet as she could, but it wasn't exactly something that was under her control, and a few moments later Lisa was out of bed and rushing into the bathroom.

"Oh my god babe are you okay?!" she whispered with a panic, immediately crouching down at Jennie's side and gathering her hair before tying it in a loose bun on the top of her head.

Jennie couldn't speak as her body continued to betray her, and it was a few miserable minutes of her emptying everything that she had eaten throughout the day into the toilet bowl with Lisa's warm hands rubbing up and down the expanse of her back, the only semblance of comfort that she could find in her current state.

She flushed the toilet with shaking hands, struggling to fully push the button in before Lisa reached over and did it for her. She could feel herself shivering, although her pajamas were noticeably sweat stuck to her skin and her entire body felt as though it was overheating.

"Come on, I've got you." Lisa told her as she helped Jennie up to her feet, careful not to move her too fast in case she threw up again.

After making sure that she was steady on her feet, Lisa headed over to the large shower and stuck an arm in to turn it on, moving the dial over to make the water a little colder seeing as how Jennie would currently give an electric heater a run for its money. Jennie was quiet at Lisa undressed her, scared that if she opened her mouth she would start throwing up again, although she did offer her a small reassuring smile as she stepped under the water.

It wasn't long before Jennie was dressed in fresh pajamas and slipping back under their bed covers and into Lisa's waiting arms.

"Thank you." she croaked, throat a little sore as she settled down in bed.

"I love you." Lisa whispered back, pressing a kiss to Jennie's forehead before they drifted back off to sleep.

When Jennie woke up a few hours later the room was significantly lighter and Lisa was gone from the bed. After checking the time and realizing that her alarm was due to go off in a few minutes anyway, she decided to just get up and start getting ready for the day. After stopping by the bathroom and freshening up, Jennie headed over to the closet before pulling out a pair of black work pants and a dark red blouse. She was halfway through buttoning it up when Lisa walked in with a tray of what Jennie guessed must be breakfast, and a smile on her face, although it quickly vanished when her eyes fell on Jennie and she realized what she was doing.

"Jennie no, no way, you're not going into work!" she exclaimed as she set the tray down on the bedside table and made her way over to Jennie. "You're sick you need to rest, I ran out and got you some painkillers and I made peppermint tea, I heard it's supposed to settle your stomach or something but-..."

"Lisa." Jennie cut her off with a laugh, finishing up the buttons on her shirt before walking the rest of the way over and gently cupping Lisa's face in her hands. "I'm not sick, at least... I don't think that I am." she spoke softly, almost scared that if she said it any louder it would jinx the whole thing.