Alaska

She ran in fear, not knowing what to do. Her mother told her to go find Qibli and tell a guard what happened. But Moon made the loudest scream two minutes ago. Shouldn't a guard be running to check what was happening? Alaska shook her head, she should focus on Qibli. That's what Mother told me to do. She told me to find Qibli and on the way tell a guard. 

As she ran, her mind drifted off to what her father was doing to her mother right now. Was he abusing her? Taking advantage of her? Kidnapping her? Should I go back? No. Follow your orders, Alaska thought. I can't believe I trusted and loved him! But...all I wanted was for him to love me. I wanted everyone to love me. Alaska, stop! Don't focus on yourself! Find Qibli. Tell a guard. 

Alaska skidded into a halt when she bumped into a running guard. "Guard! There is an intruder in the stronghold! He's taken my mother captive," Alaska panted. The guard in front of her looked about her age, just two years older. And, my, did he look handsome... Alaska! Focus! Stop focusing on his very large m-muscles...

"I just heard a scream not that long ago," Handsome Guard reported. His black eyes glanced down at Alaska so intensely that it almost made her breathless. "Point me the direction of the scream and I'll take it from there, miss," he said. 

"Uh, it's down there," Alaska said, pointing down the hall where she just came from. "But, you might want to bring some backup, he's...he's dangerous," she growled. Hansome Guard looked down and smiled weakly. 

"Don't worry, deary, you'll be safe. So, will your mom," Handsome Guard said. Just before he took off into the hallway, Alaska got a peek at the name tag on his armor. Deathstalker. It seems more like a NightWing name than a SandWing name... Alaska. Qibli. Go get Qibli. Alaska turned around and headed for the chamber where Qibli slept. 

Just as she was about to round into the corner, she bumped into a familiar yet annoying SandWing tri-hybrid. "Alaska," the SandWing said.

Alaska rolled her eyes and frowned. "Gobi I don't have time to talk to you," growled Alaska. 

"Look, I get it! You don't want my dad to replace yours but...if their relationship is going where I think it's going, then we should at least TRY to be friends," Gobi pled. Alaska let out an exasperated growl and shoved Gobi away. 

"GET THIS THROUGH YOUR BRAIN, YOU SAND SNORTER! MY FATHER IS HERE, AND HE IS PROBABLY DOING SOMETHING SICK TO MY MOTHER! PLUS, HE JUST THREW A -- HOPEFULLY -- FAKE HEAD OF YOUR DAD AT MY MOM! SO, NOW I'M TRYING TO GO FIND YOUR DAD TO SEE IF HE'S STILL ALIVE! AND WHAT ARE YOU DOING? DISTRACTING ME FROM MY JOB!" Alaska ranted. Gobi stood there, shocked to the bone. 

"Then what are we still standing here for? My dad might be in trouble!" shouted Gobi. Alaska groaned and continued to run toward Qibli's chambers. When they reached it, Gobi kicked the door open and raced over to her father's body. Gobi let out a relieved cry and started moving Qibli's body. "Daddy! Wake up! Dad! Wake up!" Gobi sobbed. 

Alaska ran to see if Qibli was still breathing, and thankfully he was. Qibli raised his not-decapitated head weakly and looked at Gobi with a confused expression. "Oh thank the moons, you're alive!" Gobi cried. 

"Gobi? What are you doing here? And of course, I'm alive!" Qibli said, getting up. He's alive, Alaska thought. But...if...if he's alive then who was that other dragon? And...MOTHER! It was a distraction! A distraction to pull me away from her! Father, you're such a sick bastard! Alaska was too caught up in her thoughts that she didn't see Qibli wave his talon in front of her snout. "Alaska? Are you okay?" Qibli asked. 

"N-no..." Alaska stammered. "My father has my mother..."