Chapter 4

I feel myself being shaken awake. "Arielle wake up!"

Groaning I look over at the voice to see Carter. "What?"

"You were screaming in your sleep. Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine. It was just a nightmare thank god."

"That's good I was worried about you."

I smile weakly at him. "No worries I'm just peachy."

Carter smiles at that. "Are you hungry or thirsty or something?"

I feel my throat is really dry and nod. "I can use a drink."

"What would you like? I have water, soda, juice, and milk."

"What kind of juice do you have?"

"I have orange juice and cranberry juice."

"I'll have some orange juice please."

Carter smiles at me. "Coming right up."

I giggle slightly and watch him leave towards the kitchen. He has this partition between the rooms so I can see what he's doing. I can see his hips sway which gives me really sexual thoughts about him.

Wait a minute what's wrong with me? I just got out of a BDSM disaster and now I'm thinking of sex again?

I watch Carter pour the juice and notice his muscles in his arm straining. I hold in a groan imagining what he could do to me.

A minute later he walks back with the juice. "Here you go Arielle."

I love the way he says my name. "Thank you."

I take it from him sipping at the top since it was nearly full. Carter flashes a smile at me. "So how do you feel now?"

"I feel a lot better thanks."

Carter sits beside me on the couch putting my legs in his lap. It's all I can do from not moaning his name. "Would you like a foot massage?" he asks me.

"Would I? I'd love one."

I set my juice down carefully on his coffee table so I wouldn't spill it. Then I feel his hands on my feet rubbing. Sighing I move closer. "Mmmm that feels good."

"Good," he says and works his hands all over my feet and up my leg slightly.

I relax totally my eyes closing. I can do this every day. Maybe he likes me and wants to be with me. I decide to take that chance moving up closer to kiss him.

"Arielle? What are you doing?"

I smile. "Kissing you." I do just that before I feel him pushing me back.

"Sorry I don't think I was very clear."

I frown up at him feeling rejected. "What do you mean?"

"I'm gay Arielle."

My eyes go wide and my face heats up with embarrassment. I look away quickly not wanting him to see. "Oh."

"Don't feel bad. We can still be friends."

I wasn't so sure about that after the way I behaved. "Thanks for the foot rub but I should go."

"You don't have to go."

"I should. I need to see my friends anyway." I get up off the couch putting my shoes back on. "I guess I'll see you around."

Carter nods. "Yeah see you later."

I go out the front door feeling humiliated. I can't believe that just happened.