Chapter 2

After Jake walked away I concentrated on my drink. I'm going to need the strength to keep up with him later. I couldn't even imagine what was going to happen then. My thoughts drifted over to Jake's beautiful hands and how they are going to feel on my body. My thighs clench together feeling the desire course through me.

"Arielle are you okay? Your face looks all red."

I look over at Nicole giving her a huge smile. "I'm perfect."

She gives me a pointed look. "You like that guy don't you?"

Nicole knows me so well. "Is it that obvious?"

"I know you Ari like the back of my hand. I can just tell."

"Yes I like him. He's hot and I want to jump his bones already."

She laughs uproariously. "Oh Ari you're a hoot."

My lips form a pout. "It's true. I wouldn't lie about that."

"Whatever Ari. Xavier went off with some guy so it's just us now. Ready to go?"

"Actually Jake wanted me to come to his place after his shift so I'm going to stay."

Nicole's eyebrows went way up. "Are you sure that's a great idea? You don't even know this guy. He might be a psychomaniac."

"Oh Nikki you've been watching too many horror movies again. I might have to hide them now."

"Ari I'm serious. What if something happens to you? I promised your mom I would look after you."

"Please don't worry about me. Mom would have understood." I start thinking of her and get sad all over again.

She grabs my hand and gives it a squeeze. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought her up."

"It's okay. I still miss her. Most likely I always will. It's not the same without her Nik."

"I'm sure she's looking down on you right now. She's probably trying to tell you not to go to this guy's house."

I smile a little. "You're right I'm sure but I know what I'm doing. I know how to take care of myself."

Nicole sighs. "Ari you are the most stubborn person I know." She digs in her purse and takes out a little bottle of Mace handing it to me. "Use this if anything happens okay?"

I tuck the bottle in my handbag. "I promise Nik. Skedaddle and I'll see you later."

She hugs me tight before running out. That's when I realize neither Nicole or Xavier paid for their drinks. Great now I'm stuck with the tab. Shaking my head I pull out cash setting it on the counter for all three of us. They're lucky I had money.

A few minutes later Jake comes back over. "Ready to go?" he asks.

I take one more sip of my drink and set it down before standing. "Ready."

He takes my hand leading me out of the bar. Jake heads for the Porsche that I saw earlier. "That's your car?"

"Yes it's my car."

"Wow you're rich!"

Jake chuckles and opens the passenger door for me. I smile at him as I slide in. He goes over to the driver's side climbing in. "So Ari tell me about yourself."

He starts the car after I put my seatbelt on. "There's really not much to tell."

"Oh I'm sure there is. Tell me about your family."

"Well I'm an only child. My dad is still in my hometown."

Jake drives down the street as he talks. "What about your mom?"

I bite my lip softly. "She passed away a few months ago."

"I'm so sorry Arielle. Do you mind if I asked what happened?"

I shake my head. "She had ovarian cancer. By the time the doctors caught it, it was too far gone to save her."

He looks at me sympathetically and his car stops in front of a palatial estate. "Oh wow your place is incredible!"

"Why thank you kind lady."

I giggle as I get out of his car. Jake comes over to me taking my hand again. "Let me show you the inside."

"Okay!"

He leads me in and we start at the top working our way down. I couldn't believe how big his place was. After seeing the whole place Jake looks down at me. "Want to see my playroom?"

I tilt my head to the side. "Playroom? What's that?"

"I'll show you." He takes me down a long hallway and at the end is a set of ornate double doors. Jake pulls one of them open taking me inside.

I gasp at the sight. There's whips, chains, canes, all the things for the BDSM lifestyle. "You have got to be kidding me."

"Nope this is what I am. So you ready for what I have in mind?"

That's when I realize I can't do this. There's absolutely no way. "I'm sorry but can you take me home? I don't want to do this anymore."

"No way! I'm not letting you go now. You just got here."

My eyes went wide in fright. Nicole was right! I shouldn't have come. I move closer to the door. "I really have to go. I forgot how much homework I have to do."

Jake grabs my arm. "No you're staying."

I get the Mace out of my pocket spraying it straight at his eyes. He cries out in pain letting my arm go. Turning I run out of there as fast as I can. Before I can get to the front door my waist gets grabbed. I look behind me to see Jake.

"Let go of me!"

He scowls and tries to tug me back. A scream rips out of my throat. I struggled harder and I finally get free. Without another thought I run out the door into the street waving my hands like a madwoman.

The next thing I know a truck is heading straight for me. I'm glued to the spot not able to move. Again I scream. All of a sudden someone pushes me out of the way and I fall on to the grass. I'm afraid it's Jake but when I look up it's a stranger.

"Hey you okay?"

"I'm sorry but I think I'm going to faint."

After that statement I faint dead away.