Chapter 9 - Bonding

Mai POV:

I sat in Professor Snape's classroom mostly in comfortable silence, reading a potions book. 

"Birdie. I know you probably don't want to talk about it. But I would like to know if all females on your mothers side of the family suffered from the Maledictus curse?" Snape asked curiously, though he's trying to hide his curiosity and act as if it was just for studying and information.

"Yeah, every female on my Mothers side has been born with the blood curse, all of us with separate beasts, Mine just so happens to be an Owl, I believe my grandmother was a bat of some kind, But yes, once we transform permanently, it was common decency in our family to leave and live our life as our animal and for the others not to speak of what happened to us, The Professors here are the first people outside of our family bloodline to know about us having the blood curse" I explained while looking at the table. His eyes watching over me half way through my explanation.

Snape nodded understandingly. "Is there anything that has separated you from the others? That could have given you a different option then just run and hide as an animal?" 

"Yeah, An Owl can be domesticated" I smiled and looked up at him. Snape giving a smile back. "When the time comes, I'd probably spend most of my time with you if you would let me. Don't really find the idea of being in the Owlery surrounded by so many other owls that comforting."

"Of course you can" He looked back down and continued marking, "I wouldn't mind you in my potions room as long as you didn't get in the way" 

I nodded with a low chuckle, "Yes sir." 

We spent the rest of the our talking, laughing and getting to know one another until it was time for the next lesson. 

"See you at potions professor" I said with a smile before exiting.

He nodded as he let me leave.

Timeskip

I sat at the Slytherin Table at lunch and just quietly read a book while having a drink from the goblet provided. then went around as per usual attending my classes, none of them were very eventful, until I got to potions.

I walked in just at the same time as everyone else to find somebody else sitting in my seat. I sighed and instead took where he use to sit, right at the front of course. Just my luck.

Professor Snape storms in as per usual and marches straight to the front. I simply write down my notes as per usual. but I find myself slowly being unable to focus as my adrenaline fades away and sleepiness takes over.

I lay my head down on the desk and watches him with drooping eyelids. As soon as my eyes closed, Professor Snape approaches and places a hand on my shoulder, forcefully pushing me to sit up straight, A few students giggling as he did so. 

"Sorry Professor" I mumbled softly while feeling his piercing gaze and continued to try to focus on writing the notes. The rest of the class passed without incident. As soon as the bell rang out I got up and began to leave with everyone else.

"Not so fast Miss Graves. come back here please" Professor Snape grumbled, making me release an internal groan and wander up to his desk. "Why were you falling asleep in my class?"

"Pure accident Professor, I didn't mean to" I muttered shuffling my feet guiltily. 

"Okay, so what's going to happen is your going to come back after dinner so I can give you a sleeping potion, you go to bed, drink the potion and get a decent nights sleep. Understood?" 

I nodded softly, "Yes professor, Thank you professor" I quickly made my way out of the class, embarrassment brewing inside of me.