Chapter 22 - Communication

I flew as fast as my wings would let me, darting down hallways until I finally made it to the dungeon, and almost instantly bursting through the open door with a large hoot, instantly grabbing Professor Snape's attention.

"Mai!" He smiled and stroked my head once I landed on his desk, his usually cold obsidian eyes beaming with overwhelming happiness. "I managed to create a potion that'll let you communicate with us. It just involves you drinking a potion and the corresponding party drinking the potion, you only have to drink it once. It sort of works like an invisible Network, anyone who drinks the potion will become attached to said network but will only be able to hear the thoughts of the first consumer. We can try it out with me and you before giving it to Albus and Minerva." 

I nodded happily with a chirp. He got up and grabbed a crystal phial and lifted it to my beak, I guzzled the disgusting potion down instantly. Honestly didn't taste good. I gagged and watch his face twist instinctively as he downed his phial.

"Can you hear me now?" I cooed at him, his smile widen and he nods frantically.

"Finally oh my godric Mai I've been so worried about not being able to communicate with you." Snape ranted.

"Lets go give it to the other's." I chirped, Snape nodded and rose to his feet, My talons hooking around his arm as he walked out of his classroom with a handful of the liquid in his hands.

"Albus! Minerva! I found a way to communicate to Mai, drink these potions." He frantically said, glaring at the student who looked at him oddly.

Professor McGonagall looked at the phial suspiciously while Dumbledore downed it all.

"Minerva if I wanted to poison you I'd have done it years ago. Drink it so you can communicate to Mai." Snape drawled out. 

"Fine, I trust you." Professor McGonagall reluctantly drunk the potion, her face twisting and distorting with so much disgust she might have actually became a different person for a second. "Disgusting Severus."

"Oh I know, the potion was absolutely foul." I cooed at her, watching Dumbledore smile in awe and Professor McGonagall looked at me surprised. "Hi.

"Hello Mai, It's finally nice to be able to communicate to you again." Dumbledore said, I just smiled cheerfully at him and nodded. Dumbledore followed me and Snape around while we handed the potion to the professor's I trusted and liked.

"He is not having the potion Dumbledore." I glared at him.

"Professor Quirrell has been an essential professor here at Hogwarts Mai." He retorted back, making me grumble and glare at him.

"I never liked Quirrell, He tried to ridicule me in front of his class on numerous occasions.

"That doesn't sound like him at all." 

"Dumbledore I said no. Please respect my wishes for that choice." Dumbledore sighed before ultimately nodding. At the end of the day Professor Quirrell doesn't get to hold a conversation with me and that makes me happy.