Introductions

Alli, Kiori and I sat there talking for a while. "So, Kiori, do you like anyone?" Alli asked, waggling her eyebrows. "Maybe," Kiori said fiddling with her hair. "Who?" Alli asked, her eyes opened wide, making her look like a child on Christmas morning. "It's Cole, isn't it?" I asked, looking straight at Kiori. "Maybe..." Kiori looked at the ground. "But he'll never like me, I'm not pretty enough." Alli and I stared at her and laughed. "Ki, are you kidding me? You are SO gorgeous. I would kill to have hair that straight." I said, pulling out my makeup kit in the warm track lighting. You see, we had snuck into the trophy room and were staying there for there for the night. "Makeover time!!!!" Alli squealed and she grabbed copper colored hair extensions from the kit. "You should have highlights." She said, clipping them in. I grabbed an eyeshadow brush and brushed on a light cinnamon shade, doing smoky eye. I added dark brown mascara and brown wing tip eyeliner, put a strawberry flavored lip gloss on her and showed her the mirror. "What the actual-" Ki exclaimed. "Language, missy," Alli said, faking a stern expression. Alli twisted Ki's hair into a sophisticated French twist. "I can't believe you guys are only eleven! You all are makeup geniuses." She straightened the collar of her striped pajama top. "Go out there! I'm pretty sure he's still here." Alli pushed her out the door. I heard muffled footsteps. "Kiori, is that you? Woah, I mean, I almost didn't recognize you, ya know?" Cole said softly. They talked for a while, then, it suddenly got silent. We peeked out. Kiori and Cole were making out near her horse's stall. A girl with brown hair, glasses, and braces walked up to them. She was probably our age, though she seemed younger, probably because she was so so small. "You, um, might want to keep it PG over here?" She said. She had a soft voice and a mischevious expression. "Yeah, no babymaking until you guys get married." I clapped a hand over Alli's mouth. "Alli!" Finally, after what seemed like forever, Ki and Cole stopped kissing. The girl walked over to us in the trophy room. She introduced herself as Libby Smith, the adopted daughter of Beezie. She owned Bumblebee, a grey Arabian with brown-striped legs. I asked her if she was friends with the LeCoquette she-devil, and she laughed and said, "Not exactly. She always makes fun of me, but seems to love my horse. It's kind of weird." We found out that she was eleven, like us, and wasn't very confident. I can see that Libby, Alli, Kiori, and I would probably be besties for a while. Kiori came back in, blushing, and we all teased her, even Libby joined in. "Yeah, Ki, keep the babymaking down to a minimum." Libby said. Apparently they already knew each other. After a while we all slowly drifted off to sleep. Little did we know what was waiting for us the next morning...