Stablehand

We pulled into the parking lot of my new stables. I looked around, and there were gorgeous, well kept horses and ponies everywhere. "Oh, my gosh. This place is amazing." I exclaimed. A girl about my age with shiny, curly dark hair and blue eyes walked up to us, a fake smile pasted on her lips. I noticed that everything she was wearing was either Ariat or Tailored Sportsman. "Oh, hi! You must be the new stablehand. I was expecting a boy, though. I'm Victoria LeCoquette." She smiled falsely. "Um, no, I'm starting lessons today. Do I look like a stablehand to you?" I placed my hand on my hip. "Oh, go see Ann. Don't see Ari, though, she's for advanced riders only." Victoria said smugly. "Will do, your Highness." I yelled. Victoria and I wouldn't be friends, I could see that. "Hello! You must be Mia. I'm Ann, the beginner instructor here. I see you've met Victoria. She's a brat, isn't she? Anyway, this is Alli Richards. Her brother Cole works here on weekends. She'll be riding with you." Ann said. "Hello! I heard you telling off Victoria. I think we'll be good friends. I'm Alli, and my brother is over there. He's the one who looks like Liam Payne." I waved at Cole. I pointed at Victoria and did the cuckoo sign, causing both of them to laugh. "Great minds think alike," Alli said, pointing to a picture on the wall. "That's Elizabeth Taylor." I said, confused. "No, no, that's Delia LeCoquette, Victoria's schizophrenic dead grandmother. She used to own the place before she sold it to Beezie Madden." Alli said, smirking. "OMG, THE Beezie Madden?" I asked, and I felt foolish asking. "How many Olympic show jumpers named Beezie do you know? She still owns Willowrise. Victoria hates her. Come on, we have like thirty minutes until our lesson, and I want to show you the trophy room! All of Beezie's medals and ribbons are there, along with other ribbons, and even some Rolex ribbons and Maclay ribbons!" Alli's enthusiasm was infectious. I grinned and tucked my blonde hair behind my ears. "So, Alli, how long have you been taking lessons here? And have you met Miss Madden?" I asked, striking a pose randomly. "Six months and yes. She's really nice. Her horse, Coral Reef via Volo is staying here. I heard she's coming here, too." Alli grabbed my arm and led me into the trophy room. I saw glimmering Olympic gold medals in the dim light, and the satin ribbons shone in the track lighting. "Oh my gosh, Kiori! I haven't seen you in forever!" A slim girl, about sixteen years old, blonde, like Alli and I, waved sheepishly. "Guilty! Anyway, who's this? She's not a Victoria clone, is she?" Kiori had an Australian accent and wore neon breeches. "I'm Mia! I love your breeches, by the way. Where-" I was cut off as a woman strode in. "Hello, girls."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, peoples! Are you enjoying Willowrise? I know this was short, but I had a feeling you horse lovers would like it. Cole's going to be popping up a lot more often. I'm having a contest. One of you will be another rider at Willowrise. Here's the form, and post it in the comments or PM me. I'll pick one at random.

FORM

Name:

Age:

Appearance:

Horse Name:

Personality:

Are you friends or enemies with Victoria?