.09

Authors Note!:

Hello and welcome back to Arcane Academy! It's been since like... November since I have properly updated. I have been in a writing slump, to say the least. And then January hit and school began. I will keep trying to update, but with school happening, I imagine the updates will be slow. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I do hope this new chapter will get your forgiveness! Enjoy!

.

.

.

Arlo:

The darkness of the campus swallowed the group whole as they exited the Weapons Hall. Arlo wasn't sure exactly where to start. He looked from Elio to Aster with raised brows as if they might have the answers, but found that the two were giving him the exact same look. They were ready to follow Arlo, though Arlo felt completely clueless. He hadnt seen which way Azrael had ducked once he had ran free from the arms that had held him in an attempt to control him. Where did someone who had no self control even go?

"Maybe we should split up," Aster suggested and earned a small sound of disbelief from the darker haired boy beside him.

"Haven't you seen horror movies? That's, like, the worst mistake you can make in these situations." Elio replied.

"No, I haven't." Aster said flatly, a look of seriousness across his angled features. The red haired boy turned his attention to Arlo as if asking for his opinion.

"I have to agree with Elio. Splitting up isn't a good idea. Especially with Azrael acting the way he is. What if he hurts one of us while we're separated?" Arlo said as he turned to scan the area around them. The path to the woods stood to the right, and in front of them were the steps that led back to the main campus. Through the woods, the Equestrian Studies building stood in isolation, surrounded by trails and stables for the horses. Surely if someone had gone that way the horses would have acted out and they would have heard a ruckus. Especially with the way Azrael was behaving.

"Where do we start then? There's a lot of ground to cover." Aster huffed as he crossed his arms, disappointed to have his idea shot down so quickly.

"I guess we just work our way through and hope we stumble upon him. Worse comes to worse, someone finds him in the morning." Arlo sighed as he headed toward the stone steps with Elio and Aster in tow. The three padded their way up the steps in silence, the only sound around them their footfalls and the chirps of night bugs who had no idea what was going on in their own little worlds. "You guys know Azrael better than I do, is there anywhere he might go? Anywhere he frequented?"

Elio hummed in thought as they reached the top of the steps and entered back onto the main campus. Aster and Elio began whispering back and forth, locations to suggest, Arlo assumed. "Either the library or one of the study halls." Elio finally answered with a small nod.

Arlo looked to one of the towers that stood above them, knowing that at the top of the spiraling staircase was one of the regular study halls students would frequent. While he didn't tend to go there nearly as often as he'd liked - he spent a majority of his study time in the library - he knew the place was gorgeous. He led the two other boys up the stairs and pushed the door carefully from their path. He grinned as he took in the high towers of shelves lined with rows upon rows of different colored books. Books that were doubles of those from the libraries, ones that weren't allowed to leave the room. Books that Arlo had barely skimmed the surface of, but one day he longed to read them all.

The room itself was dark, the lights having been turned off hours before when curfew hit. Arlo felt along the wall for some sort of switch, having no luck for a long moment until a bright illumination caused him to squint. When his eyes were able to adjust, he found Elio, hand outstretched and palm upward, a pure white light glowing in his palm. Arlo raised his brows at the boy who merely shrugged and held his hand outward to light the room further. He followed Arlo along the wall until the lightswitch was found and the wizard boy flicked the switch on, filling the room with a golden glow. Elio dropped his hand and let the angelic light die out.