Chapter 10 | "just dance"

Hyemi and her team continued to practice together and soon she felt like a real member of their family. She roomed with Chaeyoung and had grown close to all of the girls. She still remained in contact with Jeno, and hung out with her new friends every week.

As far as Kyunghee goes... she had completely shut Hyemi out and replaced her with Iseul. The two of them did everything they could to get to Hyemi, and eventually Jichang joined in too. Jaemin told her just to ignore them and she did her best but it was tough.

Jaehyun hadn't let up on her, being as tough as ever and making her work that much harder, but it was making her better. He had a new found respect for her ever since that combo performance. After her talk in the quad with Yuta, the two of them had grown closer as well.

"Alright people, we got the Regionals assignment list. We'll be going against the teams from Chung-Ang, Sogang, Hanyang and Korea University. The requirements for this year are one male and one female solo plus a group cover dance." Jaehyun announced, walking into the room and reading from a sheet of paper.

"Who's gonna do the solos?" Jaemin asked.

All the older members shared a knowing look, leaving Jaemin and Hyemi confused, before Jaehyun turned back to them.

"Well, I think we should give it to you two."

"Us?" The two of them asked in complete shock.

"Yeah. You guys have been doing well in rehearsal and we want to see how you do on stage." Jaehyun said with a nod. "Go and pick out your songs and get started choreographing while the rest of us figure out the group."

He shoed the two of them away as the older members gathered around the computer.

"I can't believe they're going to let us do this!" Jaemin exclaimed, excited.

"It's crazy... we really can't let them down." Hyemi whispered out, starting to already feel the pressure.

"Dont stress. We have a whole 2 months to nail this down. Let me know what song you choose!" Jaemin said with a smile, walking away from her to grab his phone.

Two months better be enough.

- - -

"Hyemi! Can you run to the athletic director's office really quick and pick up our costumes? They should've arrived today and Jae wants to check them before the competition." Yuta said with a smile as they took a break from rehearsals.

It had been seven weeks since they started working and Hyemi was proud to say they were looking good. Her solo was finished and now it was just a matter of cleaning it and perfecting it.

"Yeah, sure, I'll be right back."

She rose from her seat and left the room, walking quickly to the office.

She grabbed the box of costumes and began to speed walk back to practice. As she was going, she bumped into someone, causing her to drop the box.

"Ow!" A voice said.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" Hyemi replied, quickly grabbing her costumes and turning to see who she had hit.