XI

Chloe locked the door, to make sure no one would see the borrower, and went back downstairs. The four friends forced her to sit in the armchair and blindfolded her with a scarf.

"If you can guess what we're putting in your hand within thirty seconds, we'll drink, otherwise you'll drink," Ginny explained, while Matth sighed heavily and rolled his eyes.

"What a dumb game," he muttered and everyone shut him up immediately. Chloe sighed and nodded. So the first hour passed, and unfortunately Ginny didn't say that when you drank, you had to drink half a glass of whiskey.

"I have cookies!" Vanessa exclaimed, handing the cookies in the shape of Santa Claus to everyone. All of them were quite drunk, and they started talking about this and that, laughing like idiots. The only sober one was Matth, who had to drive everyone home after.

Mary had remained there and was waiting impatiently, she decided to go down and check the situation, she didn't trust those humans. When she reached the living room she could very well hear the laughter coming from it, she approached curiously and looked at the scene from her socket.

All sat on the sofa with glasses in hand, talking animatedly to each other. "Oh oh oh, gift moment, I'll give it," Ginny hopped, the brightest of them all, and retrieved a gift box. Chloe shook her head.

"You didn't have to ... can I open it even if it's Christmas Eve?" the brunette asked pleadingly, and everyone shrugged their shoulders willingly. Chloe unwrapped the gift, a bright red Christmas sweater, and a bracelet with snowflake charms.

"They're beautiful! Thanks, you're the best," she said, beaming as Mary had never seen her do. The borrower widened her eyes, leaning on her grip and watching how happy the human was. Happy to be with other humans, with such beautiful gifts, and thought maybe the idea of ​​the bracelet didn't make much sense now.

In short, the human would have burst out laughing in her face, it wasn't much. She wasn't much. She sat down on the ground, absently rubbing her broken leg, listening to more laughter in the living room. Laughter also from Chloe, who had completely forgotten about her promise, and kept talking to her friends well into the afternoon.

Mary felt a few tears roll down her face. She was sad because, despite everything they had been through, she enjoyed being with Chloe. But now that she could spend Christmas with someone who made her feel comfortable, Mary was alone.

She was left behind. Again.

The little girl went back to the bedroom, trying to keep herself from crying.

"Alright, I think it's time to go home," Matth said holding the door open as he watched the other three go out still thrilled. The boy sighed and after giving her one last hug, everyone left Chloe alone.

"Ah and tomorrow night we'll come again, you can't say no!" Jasper exclaimed, holding on to Matth to keep himself from falling. "I'll bring tequila!" Ginny yelled with a big smile as she greeted Chloe as she walked backward.

The human put a hand to her face, chuckling amused, before greeting them and closing the door. She sighed looking at the time and walked into the living room to clean up the mess they had left.

When she found herself alone she thought about the borrower, and jumped up, starting to run up the stairs. She opened the door and looked at the bed, but Mary was not there. "Mary?" she called her more than once, the borrower took a while to recover and get out of the socket and then climb onto the bedside table.

The blonde said nothing, she simply held on to the crutch, putting the grapple back with her eyes down. "Oh thank goodness, I thought you were gone," the human said quickly, sitting on the ground, leaning her back to the bed.