five.

chapter five

[ season 2 | episode 2 ][ shape shifted ]

[ shape shifted ]

SITTING ON THE BENCH JUST OUTSIDE OF THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE, Marlowe thought about the past month. She learned that Scott McCall was a werewolf, was bit by a psycho alpha, recruited into said psycho's nephew's pack, roped into drama with Stiles Stilinski and Scott McCall, and now sent to the principal's office.

She sat next to dumb, Stiles Stilinski, and dumber, Scott McCall. Perfect. Holding in a groan, she shouldered the former, still seething at his stupid plan. Lord, if her grandmother heard of this, she would lose her shit.

          A ball of anxiety formed in her stomach, overpowering the old feeling of hunger and anger, making her foot tap incessantly on the tile and teeth sink into her nails. She blew out a shaky breath, squeezing her eyes shut. The poor girl never really did well when it came to getting into trouble. She avoided it at all costs, especially after spending five years in the Barley household. Somehow, though, trouble always seemed to find her.

Smelling her anxiety, Scott nudged the girl. Her head swung forward, eyes wide and lips pursed, before she relaxed at his face. You okay? he mouthed, concern etched into the crease between his eyebrows and folds at the corners of his mouth, which was twisted into a frown. She nodded, knowing full well he could sense the lie as her heart skipped a beat.

          Instead of focusing on the knot in her stomach, she listened for either the sheriff or Jackson's voices. Her ears picked up Noah Stilinski's, her stomach filling with lead at his words. "Wait, so you're telling me that you knew Isaac's father was hitting him?"

          Anger pulsed in her veins, making the lead bubble up and beg to be released. Jackson knew? He knew and he never told anyone, never offered help. Hell, he knew and he still picked on his teammate for being so submissive. Holding her hands in a clenched fist, she felt the tip of claws pierce her skin. Alpha. Beta. Omega. Alpha. Beta. Omega. Alpha Beta Omega Alpha Beta Omega AlphaBetaOmegaAlphaBetaOmegaAlphaBeta—

"Hitting him? He was kicking the crap out of him." Taking a deep, steady breath, she focused on the twinge of pain that her claws brought, letting it anchor her to her humanity. Jackass Shittemore definitely deserved the nickname.

She heard a deep sigh. "Did you ever say anything to anyone? A teacher, parents, anyone?"

"Nope. It's not my problem."

With her mouth gaping, she felt an overwhelming urge to beat the shit out of Jackson fill her entire body. The boy definitely deserved it. Isaac could've been rescued from that situation years ago if he'd just told someone what he was hearing. Told someone that his classmate was being abused.