The missing girl. Part 2

//About ten pm//
(Agent L's POV:)

It has been almost a full 24 hours, and I had hardly left the girl's side. I tell her stories, sing her songs, bring her food, and watch her play with my stuffed bunny. She calls me Ms. L, which I understand, considering she only heard people call me 'Agent L.'

I've snuck my walkie talkie around, and updated m'lord on the girl any chance I could. Though, it was risky. I know if I got caught with it, and they found out who I was talking to, I'd be.... you know what, I'm not going to think about that.

"Ms L?" Amelia asked me, eating her dinner.

"Hm? Yes?"

"Why is everyone here meanies, yet you're so nice to me?" She asked.

I paused. I knew I couldn't respond how I wanted. A, she's a toddler, and B, even though this room is old and trashed, it has cameras in here. 303 or any can easily tap into them at any moment, and see me badmouthing the Red Legion.

"W-Well... it's complicated." I lean down to her ear, "But just between you and me, I don't like the meanies either."

She tilted her head confused, and whispered back "But aren't they your friends? Mama and dada said the people work with are their friends!"

I sigh, "Not in a million years would I ever be friends with the most of the people here. The closet we are are acquaintances" I say.

"Well, then where are your friends? Or family?" She asked me.

"... I have none." I say, somberly. "And my family..." I pause.

Both of my parents died when I was in my younger years. The only thing close to family I really knew was the bandit camp. The one where Daryll and I met at.

I shook my head to erase my thoughts, "You need to get some sleep. You look tired. I wish you the best dreams."

She smiled, wrapped herself in a blanket, and fell asleep soundly. I smile looking at the peaceful girl, before getting up, using this as my chance to use the bathroom, eat, and maybe take a shower? I left that dusty room to go to mine, and I made it pretty far before...

"Agent L." A raspy voice came from behind me. I turn to see 303, in his original form. "Why is it you are up so late, and near my office? May I ask why?"

I sigh, straightening up to look more proper,"Just heading back to my room, sir."

"I see. I've been meaning to ask, why were you spending the whole day with the war prisoner?" He asked.

"Really? A war prisoner?" I ask unamused

"Correct. I need that girl's blasted parents to come. I have something that needs to be translated from ancient enderman. Her father comes from a family that fluently spoke it an-"

He didn't get a chance to finish when I shouted, "Are you SERIOUS! Sir, she is no war prisoner! She is a traumatized child. But you're right, I'm sorry for wanting to make sure a little girl feels safe!" I hiss.

He scoffs, "Ugh, whatever. I still need her so I can figure out a translation-"

"Then why didn't you come to me?" I ask.

His red eyes widen, "WHAT! You can translate ancient endermen! And here I was barking for answers when I had them under my nose the whole time! I'll put what you need to translate in the room. You better start working." He laughed, walking off.

I sigh, heading back to my room to take a shower.

(Stella's POV:)

Word somehow managed to spread through the dreadfort, even though we tried to keep Amelia being kidnapped under wraps as to not cause a panic. A cloud of pain and sorrow hung over the devastated couple, and almost everyone who knew the young girl. Doctors said that when Aura found out the news of her niece, that she nearly escaped to go get her back. They're not sure if her rash actions were caused by her burning fever, or her burning rage.

We, as in Daryll and I, were trying to make the two parents get some rest. Their kid just got abducted in her sleep! They are under so much stress at the thought of it. Those two don't need to stress anymore then they already are.

However, the both of them insisted on working. They said they couldn't possibly, and that so much work would be left undone. But, even while they are trying to work, they seem distracted. So, both Daryll, and I were monitoring them throughout the day, while Dexter took over the squadron duties for Azura, and Leon was at home doing some crafts.

I was about to go check up on Azura again, when I heard crying coming from her office. I quickly run in to see her sobbing, hardly keeping herself upright. She was lost in her own world so bad, she didn't hear me frantically open the door. I run over, and hug her, so she wouldn't fall and get hurt.

"A-Az... shh, take deep breaths. Please, try to calm down." I say calmly.

She was mumbling nonsense under her breath, but started to at least try to calm down. I started waking us over to the couch in her office, and we both sat down. I spent the next hour or so trying to calm her down.

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

Azura whipped the tears from her eyes and said, "It was around this time when Patrick and I were tucking our baby in bed. W-What if the person who took her was already in our house by that time! What if-" She couldn't finish before breaking out in tears.

At that moment, Patrick and Daryll walk through the door. Both looked equally as tired, both physically and mentally. However, Pat looked to have been crying a lot recently, and if Daryll had been as well, he hid it better then his best friend did. The two saw Azura in tears and walked over to help.

Daryll sat down next to me, and Pat sat down next to Azura. The couple just hugged, as he tried to comfort her and tried to stay calm himself. I look at Daryll, who seemed to have the same feeling. Like we were disturbing them when they need to be alone.

"We'll leave you two be... goodnight." I say.

Daryll and I got up and headed through the door, closing it behind us. They needed their rest like we needed ours. We were all mentally exhausted and couldn't do much through the day.

The two of us had made it halfway to our homes when Daryll slammed his fist against the wall, much to my shock.

"I'm going to kill that excuse for a man. How dare he! Take and threaten a toddler for war purposes! One that had no involvement in the war! How low can you be!" He almost yelled.

"Sh! We have to be quiet. People are trying to sleep." I say quietly, but sigh, "Though... I can't blame you for doing so. And I wish wholeheartedly that we could get her back..."

"So, let's go get her then?" Daryll said simply.

"Daryll! We can't send Pazura there! For all we know he took Amelia to lure in her parents to capture and kill them!" I whisper, my voice sharp.

He facepalmed, "No, I meant we go get her ourselves. Of course we can't send them there."

"But there's no way they'll let us go! Plus, how will we sneak in without being recognized?" I asked.

"Azura probably has some stuff we could... 'borrow' for a while. We are getting her daughter back, so I don't think she'll mind."

"Maybe if we come back safe with her in hand, but she won't just give it to us if we just ask! Plus, it's probably very dangerous. She would feel devastated if she let us go, and we ended up getting hurt, or worse!" I say.

He nodded, "So we can't tell her, or anyone of us going. We'll have to wait a bit, but you can sneak in with an invisibility potion when they fall asleep." He said.

"Why not you? You're the former bandit?" I ask.

"Why not you? You're the enchantress, and her best friend. She'll be easier on you if you're caught..." He said, mumbling the last part.

"...Fine. But for now, I'm going to go take a nap. You come wake me when it's time."

"Understandable. Rest well, I'll wake you up in a little bit." He said, and I walk off to my room.