Chapter Thirteen

I woke up and stretched my arms sitting up I quickly clutched my stomach. My eyes widen from the sudden possibility that my stomach was cramping, does that mean we switched back!? I ran out of the room not caring to see which one I was in and made my way to the closest mirror. And there I saw my own face! "RIN!" I yelled happily running to my room, that's where he must've been sleeping. I swung my door open and saw him turn on his side cuddling my pillow closer. He mumbled something about me in his sleep but I couldn't make it out. "RIN GET UP! IT WORKED! WE SWITCHED BACK!" I yelled happily as I jumped onto him forcing him to wake up.

"Gah! What the hell (Y/n)!" He said tiredly.

He opened his eyes more and rubbed them then looked at me again. "Holy shit! I'm me again!" He smiled big. "I know!" I smiled back at him. He sat up and hugged me tightly, I hugged him back just as tight. "I don't have to experience a period ever again!" He said happily into my shoulder. "I don't have to act stupid again!" I said just as happily. Rin laid us down not breaking the hug. He rolled over and grabbed something off my nightstand and handed it to me.

"Here, you usually cramp the worst when it's the morning."

He handed me two Midol pills, and a bottle of water. I stared at him in the eyes starstruck. 'I think I'm falling in love with Rin Okumura.' I thought to myself. "How're the cramps?" He waved his hand in front of my eyes. "Huh? Oh! They're uh fine, thanks." I took the meds and water, and sitting upright I took them. Rin sat upright as well and sat the pill bottle back down. "Do you have a fever?" He asked dumbly, I looked at him confused. "You're face is all pink again." He pointed, I groaned and facepalmed.

"I'm fine you idiot, I just get flustered easily."

"Why is that?"

"Rin. (Y/n). We have a class case we need to go on right now." Yukio said walking into my room he talked through everything we needed to know about the case. And so we got ready.

꧁𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚙꧂

Rin sat down on the roof of the dorm building, I sat next to him with Kuro and (F/n) in my lap. He stared and concentrated hard on the three candles a few feet in front of him, then, a gust of blue fire engulfed all three. "Man! That's like the 500th one!" Rin whined as he got up to put them out. Kuro and (F/n) hopped out of my lap when they noticed I was getting up. I walked up to Rin and handed him three fresh candles.

"Mind if I show you?"

"Be my guest."

Rin groaned as he plopped himself back down on the ground butthurt. I sat next to him and concentrated on the three candles, concentrating to light only the outer ones and not the one in the middle. Lifting my arm slightly in the air I flicked the air, then, the two outer candles lit up in my black flames. "How'd you do that!?" Rin yelled as he shuffled his way up to me, shaking my shoulders back and forth to show his desperation. I laughed and got up, handing him three candles. He prepped them up in a line on the ground and sat on the ground.

"See the candle in the middle?"

"Yeah? That's the one I can't burn, what of it?" He asked annoyed.

"Pretend that candle is someone you care about. Someone you don't ever want to see hurt."

"Now what?"

"Pretend the candles next to it are someone trying to hurt the person you picked to be the middle."

Rin nodded and stared at the three candles hard, he motioned his body forward a bit and the three candles went up in giant flames. "Who'd you pick to be the person you're supposed to protect jeez?" I nervously laughed, Rin groaned as he set up three new ones.

"Yukio."

"Ok...Try making the candle in the middle me. And then make the two outer ones Amaimon and your dad. Pretend they-"

Before I finished my example he lit the two candles on the outside in giant flames, yelling at them both. Once he calmed down he stared at the candles. "I did it.." He bent down to look at them better as if he didn't believe his eyes. "I DID IT!" Rin yelled happily as he jumped around in circles. I heard the clinking of the metal ladder telling us someone was coming up, and soon it was revealed, that person was Shura. She and Rin exchanged some lines as I cleaned up our practices. "You guys better go pack up now, we're leaving very soon." Shura said as she made her way down the ladder. Rin and I went down the ladder and started packing up our things as instructed. And soon we left.

Rin and I sat next to each other on the empty train as Shura went to go deal with something. "Ooh look at that! We should go there!" I said pointing at the picture in Rin's brochure about Kyoto. He and I have never been so we're both very excited to go. "Hell yeah, we should!" Rin exclaimed. We heard chatter so we looked up from the brochure and saw our classmates who just so happened to be our friends. "Hey, you guys are ok!" Rin said happily as he stood up from his seat. "Hey, Shima! Check out this meme I found on Reddit!" I said happily as I jogged up to him. But before I could flip my phone around to show him, Bon put his arm out to block me from him.

Shima mouthed 'sorry' as Bon turned around and pushed the class into the next compartment of the train. I stood there confused and hurt, my arm holding my phone in the air slowly dropped to my side. "They're just scared we're demons." I mumbled to myself as a single tear rolled down my cheek.

꧁𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚙꧂

"Why does everyone hate us?"

I asked Rin as I plopped face-first onto my new bed. (F/n) and Kuro jumping up and pawing at my face meowing for attention. "I don't know..." He said sadly. "They can't blame us for what our family did! It's not fair! And it's more unfair that they're not shunning Yukio too!" I yelled into my pillow, "Why can't they just accept the fact that we're not bad demons. Why can't they just...be our friends again!" I yelled into the pillow again as I burst into tears, my black flames growing bigger with every sob. Rin came and sat next to me, he picked up my head and sat it back down, but this time my head was on his lap rather than buried into my pillow. "Hey." He said plainly looking down at me, I looked up at him and sniffled.

"Don't let them push you down into the dirt, they don't know what it's like. To work hard just to prove yourself day after day so people will let you live."

"But still..." I sniffled hugging his waist, my flames dying down.

"You are a very strong person, the strongest I know, and I know damn well you're not going to let some low life bring you down just because they think you're bad. Because all that matters is that you know you're not bad."

I sat up and wiped away my tears, staring at him starstruck. I smiled big and threw myself onto him forcing him to hug me. "Rin you're the sweetest!" I said happily and kissed his cheek repeatedly. I got off Rin when I noticed he froze, he was redder than a tomato, I was going to ask if he was ok but the door to our room opened and we saw Yukio come in. I scoffed and went to my bed, (F/n) following me. "Come to shun us like the rest of the humans?" I asked, venom laced in my voice he looked at me confused and shocked. I ignored him and went to bed, listening to Rin explain why I'm so hurt then him trailing off to how he felt the same way.