1.2

Draco Malfoy

You are needed tomorrow.

Signed,
Minerva McGonagall

Draco wondered what his old professor needed him for. Surely enough, he made sure that he wouldn't be taking the Dark Arts position. He made it clear a few months back. But nevertheless, he wore his black suit and headed out, apparating to Hogwarts. Just by looking at the castle that was already finished building up again, he felt a pang in his chest. He still felt sorry for all those who died in the war. He walked up into the old walls until his feet brought him to her office.

"What is it you needed me for?" He asked. His eyes roamed around the Transfiguration classroom, his mind suddenly made a flashback on his second year when they to transform a teacup into a rat.

"Mr. Malfoy the problem is not here. Please follow me." Minerva sat up and lead him all the way down to the chambers. And Draco followed her from behind silently.

"What are we doing here, professor?" The word tasted bitter in his mouth. He knew he was always looked down by her since he was always making Potter and his friends miserable.

"All these years, Albus had a secret he did not tell me. And yesterday, I found her." Her? What did she just mean by 'her'?

"Helena is not here. I'll have to at least talk with her some more." Minerva spoke and left Draco in the chamber.

Minerva walked up to Ravenclaw's tower where she found Helena floating around and looking out.

"Helena, please tell me why you casted a sleeping charm on the poor girl?" Minerva asked, rubbing her hands together. For a split second, Minerva saw Helena's jaw tighten. She winced when she heard her asked that question.

"She had a lively soul in her. She was young and happy. And my mother was jealous. We all wish to live a happy life, don't we? But sometimes, a happy life isn't just for us." Helena simply spoke before turning to face Minerva. 

"Did that answer your question?"

"Yes. It did." Minerva spoke and nodded her head slightly.

"What do we tell her when we tell her that she's living in the world she's not supposed to be in?"

"The answer lies to me." Helena spoke, floating away again.

For the past seven years that Draco has been in Hogwarts, this was only the first time he went into the chamber of secrets. And he asked himself, why was this chamber called 'chamber of secrets'? He walked straight until he stopped and looked at the bones of a basilik. His mind suddenly recalled how Potter saved the youngest Weasley in here. He heard the water running down on the small streams. What was a secret here? 

Then his eyes laid on the statue of the man's face. For some reason, he was creeped out by his face. But at some point, his face resembled of Dumbledore. He laid a hand on the man's face when all of a sudden, the face made a creaking sound and slowly swung open. He took a step back and slowly peered to what was hiding behind the face. 

And there he saw her.

He found a girl laying down on the stone bed with pink roses beside her. But she wasn't dead. She was asleep. He gulped. He had never seen a girl this fair and lovely before. As he walked closer to her, he found her very beautiful even if she was still asleep. He knew he could never compare her to Astoria. The sleeping girl was much more attractive than Astoria herself.

He sat down on the foot of her bed and gazed at her some more. This was the secret that lies in this chamber. He hated to admit but, he fell in love with her at first sight. He needed to wake her up. And so, he looked more closely at her. Checking signs if there was poison in her fingers or on her lips. He was drawn by her lips. It was red in color, soft, smooth and moisturized. How could someone sleeping still have this kind of lips? 

And without thinking, he leaned closer to her lips until he felt them in his. He pressed his lips longer until he slowly leaned away and noticed how her eyes were already looking at his. And he had never seen such beautiful ocean blue eyes she had. She blinked at him and moments later, he found her smiling at her. And he smiled back.

Helena floated back again into the chamber when she noticed that her body was missing. She's awake! But who could have awoken her? And Helena hurriedly floated to wherever Minerva could be.

Briar never felt so alive before. But she was scared that this man helped her. She had never seen such beautiful pair of gray eyes he had. And she couldn't stop staring at them.

"If you keep staring at me, I might melt." The man joked. Briar blushed bright red and leaned away. But still stole sneaky glances at him and his eyes.

"You are Miss Briar Rose, I presume?" Minerva asked. Looking at papers that Dumbledore had in his office.

"Yes!" Briar spoke happily, a smile painting her lips. Minerva couldn't help but smile as well. Briar radiated an undeniable happy and vibrant glow in her. But she knew she had to deliver these sad news.

"This man who lifted up a charm in you is Draco Malfoy." She instantly turned her head to look at him and she found him grinning at her. She blushed once more and turned to face the old woman in front of her.

"What year were you born in Miss Rose?" Minerva asked.

"I was born in 990....where are my father and mother? They might be looking for me. I haven't went home since last night." The girl said. It has come to Minerva's attention that she did not have a memory of sleeping for a thousand years. And the last thing she could recall was leaving her family behind.

"But....I do remember something. In my dream. He was there." She spoke and turned to look at Draco again. And back to the woman in front of her.

"Miss Rose, you have slept for a thousand years. You are living in a period which is not yours." Minerva spoke. Briar's heart started to pound wildly in her chest. What could have happened to her parents? How about Fauna, Flora and Merrywether? What could have happened to them?

"Miss Rose, your parents-" Before Minerva could continue, tears were already brimming down on Briar's face. She felt sorry on how she left her family behind. She felt sorry how she left her old life behind.

"Are gone. I know." Her voice cracked. Minerva looked away and grabbed tissues for Briar to use.

"It was Rowena who gave me the curse. I know it." Briar spoke. And little did the three of them know, Helena was listening close behind a door outside. 

"I have spoken to Helena earlier, Rowena's daughter, Miss Rose." Minerva assured. "We shall continue this tomorrow." Minerva spoke and left the office.

"Please, I insist in taking care of you!" Draco said, rushing to Briar who was walking faster ahead of him.

"But our house elves must be looking for me! Oh poor Merrywether. She must have bickered Flora.." Briar spoke.

"Let's make a deal then. You take a visit into your home and I'll take you to my place. Deal?"Briar nodded. 

"Deal." As soon as they stepped out of Hogwarts, Briar led him all the way to her home in the woods.