~*~Chapter 12~*~

~*~Madison’s View~*~

“Hey, dad? Can we talk for a second?” I said to my dad as I sat down beside him on the couch. He was currently reading through medical journals, as always. I was terribly scared to tell my dad that I am pregnant, but Kendall and I agreed to tell our parents as soon as possible. I was just worried… How is he going to react?

“Of course,” My dad said to me, not bothering to look up from his medical journal. “What’s up?” He added. Sighing, I just asked,

“Will you try to not be so pissed?” I asked him, my voice once again going a bit quiet like it did when I was about to tell Kendall I was pregnant. Suddenly, that sentence grabbed my dad’s attention. Setting the medical journal down, he looked at me and asked,

“Madison, what’s going on?” Sighing deeply, I hesitatingly said,

“Dad… I’m pregnant. Kendall is the father…”

The room fell into an eerie silence. You would be able to hear a drop of water hit the floor in a loud splash with how quiet it was. My dad had a strong look of concentration and thought on his face, while I just looked down, biting my lips together.

I was bracing myself for the yelling, for the screaming match he use to have with my mother. I was waiting for him to tell me to leave, that I was no daughter of his. I was waiting for…

“Get out.” I heard my dad say after what felt like years of silence. Even if I was expecting him to say that, and I was bracing myself to hear it, I looked up at him, my lips slightly parted from shock, and my eyes beginning to tear up.

“What?” I just said to him in a quiet voice. My dad and I use to always be so close, as if he were a guy best friend. Ever since my mother left him, he had a promise to always be there for me, and to always be supportive. But I guess that promise is now over.

“You heard me, Madison! Get. Out. I will not have a knocked up sixteen year old in my home. You’ve screwed up, and I will not be embarrassed by you having a child in this apartment. Now leave.” I didn’t even bother to argue with him. Without saying another word to him, and not staying to hear anything else he had to say, I got up from the couch and walked out of the apartment, slamming the door closed behind me and nearly ran to Kendall’s apartment.

~~Kendall’s View~~

“KENDALL DONALD KNIGHT!” My mother nearly screamed at me later that day when I told her Madison was pregnant. The thought still had me scared and I was worried sick over Madison now. When this really hits her, when she fully comes to realization of what is going on, she’ll be a wreck, I’m sure. However, I was also happy, just like any expecting father should be, even though our child isn’t completely planned and is a total accident. “YOU’RE ONLY SIXTEEN! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?!” She continued to yell. Without much thought, I simply replied,

“Normal teenage guy thoughts?” She glared at me, somehow looking even madder. Well, she asked, and I answered her. Simple as that! When Madison and I did that, I was just thinking the normal thoughts any teenage guy has. Or, well, the thoughts that most guys have.

“You know that isn’t the right answer, Kendall!” My mother yelled at me.

“I know…” I groaned. “But I swear! I won’t screw up any more than we already have.” My mother rolled her eyes with a sigh.

“What’d you screw up in already?” I heard James ask as he walked over to the fridge, grabbing a can of soda and popped it open, drinking it.

“Nothing.” I said to him while looking at him. Going back to looking at my mother, she opened her mouth to say something, but the knock on the door stopped her.

“Mads, what’s wrong?” I asked her as mom let her in. Madison had this worried and scared look on her face, and I really hated seeing that look. There should be a smile! That one thing that is there nearly twenty-four seven. Or at least…was there until about two weeks ago.

“Dad…” Was all she said and I completely understood right then and there. He isn’t going to be any bit of supportive through this.

I held my arm out for her and she instantly ran over, hiding her face down into my shoulder and hugging me tightly as I wrapped my arms around her. As she began crying into my shoulder, I just softly whispered to her,

“Everything will be okay, sweetie.” She stayed quiet and as I kissed her head gently and slowly, she said in between tears,

“No it won’t. He’s pissed at you, and he said I’m no daughter of his for getting pregnant at such a young age…” I sighed, not even knowing how to reply to that. Could her dad really be that cruel? Madison always tells me about how her and her father are close with each other and have been ever since she was a little girl. But I guess that’s no more now.

“Hey, don’t care about that. We’ll get through this together like we get through everything.” I said to her and she pulled her head back and looked at me.

“That’s why I love you.” She said softly me. “Because you care, and you know just what to say and when.” I smile softly.

“And the same goes for you.”