Chapter 2 - I Won't Kiss a Gerbil For You

“Okay guys, please tell me why I am standing in the middle of the baseball field holding dodgeballs?”

“We are going to watch you juggle them and sing Call Me Maybe.” Daniel and Stacy said while chuckling.

You meant to say you dragged me all the way down here just so you could amuse yourselves? I could be at home learning a new song on my guitar!” Violet walked by them fuming.

“Noo, we did this so you could have some fun as well, although we did forget your laughable juggling skills. At least you can sing!”

“Bye, I’m going home.” She called out to her idiotic friends as they pouted and begged for her to stay.

                                   -------------------------------------------------------------------

Sitting on the bus to her house, she noticed a random boy with the rock star look staring at her as she tapped her foot to Dear Maria, Count Me In. The boy changed seats and sat directly across from her. Turning her head to look inconspicuously out the window, she wondered if the boy was planning to talk to her or not.

“Hi.” She turned her head suddenly causing a crick to appear in her neck. The rock star boy was giving her a small smile as her eyes met his. His eyes were a forest shade of green and his light brown hair flopped messily over his forehead.

In her head, Violet fanned herself, drooling over the-to use lack of better words-the hottie sitting there.

“Hi, do I know you?” she peered at the boy frowning.  Hot guys usually don’t talk to her unless she either a) fell in front of them or b) talked to her friends about harassing them and beating them up.

“No, you don’t know me, but my name is Ryan and I will be transferring to your high school, I will be the coolest and swaggiest person you’ll ever, and I repeat, ever meet.”

“So you’ve turned into Justin Bieber because only he says “swaggy.” Violet felt at ease talking to the boy she barely knew.

“Nah, I’m more into bands like Never Shout Never and Green Day. The day I listen to Bieber will be the day I reincarnate into Carly Rae Jepsen. “

Violet grinned knowing that at least he had good taste in music. Everything else could be fake about him but knowing this made her move closer to him in terms of friendship. After they got off the bus, Ryan fell into step beside her walking closer and closer to her house. She stopped in the middle of the sidewalk giving a confused look to Ryan. He smirked at her and continued walking. He stopped in front of the house two doors down from hers, unlocked the door and disappeared inside.

“You’ve got to be kidding me, my neighbor, really? What next, he’s going to make me fall madly in love with him after verbally harassing me to the point of me wanting to kill him?” she muttered under her breath.

Having a hot guy living close meant that she couldn’t be a dork without being paranoid. He could be peeking through her window or recording her idiocy to upload to YouTube. No longer could she sing her heart out in fear of being heard. Meeting Ryan was definitely bad karma out to get her.

                               -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, dresses in a sweater three sizes too big with a braided belt and black skinnies, Violet left the house to catch the bus. She was not greeted with an empty sidewalk but with Ryan standing in front of her porch tapping his foot to the beat of whatever song he was listening to.

“So, you’re volunteering yourself to be my best friend or something?” the smirk on his face grew wider as he laughed.

“Of course I am, why else would I be offering to take the bus with you? It’s not like you are my soul mate or anything.”

She chuckled and started walking to the bus. ”Alright, but I won’t talk to you on the bus, that’s my music time.”

“Fair enough, as long as I don’t hear crap dribbling out of your headphones.”

                                     --------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bus ride was quiet save for the squeaking bus itself. They listened to their own music with the occasional song sharing and the “this band (Green Day) is better than that band (Fall Out Boy)” debate.

Arriving at school with Ryan in tow, Violet received more than a few jealous stares from both girls and fellow rockers to be. She walked to her locker leaving him at the front desk to find his own way around. Snickering, she knew she would be in for it late but hell to it.

“Hey guys, you never lean against me locker waiting, what gives?” her eyebrows rose in confusion at the trio of friends waiting there.

“Ow, my head hurts” Jason complained after banging his head on the door of her locker. He was napping before class. He was the funny and extremely clumsy one in her group of friends.

“I repeat again, what are you guys doing standing or in Jason’s case, pouting in front of my locker?” she raised an eyebrow at them.

“Well, since summer vacation is starting in just over three weeks, we have to come up with plans.” Stacy informed her smiling.

“Oh, oh, oh! What about go—“Violet started to ramble but got cut off.

“No. We are not going to watch you waste your time lusting over guitars you can’t afford or stalking All Time Low online trying to get them to come here for a concert.”

“Fine, what if we each make a bucket list and try to do everything in it together? I won’t have time to stalk ATL anymore.”

“Okay, though I won’t kiss a gerbil for you even if it is on your bucket list.” Daniel countered shuddering at the thought.

“That doesn’t guarantee I won’t teleport the Italian Mafia to your doorstep, Daniel!” Violet punched him in the arm lightheartedly watching him wince in pain.

After confirming their plans for most of the summer, she filled her friends in on the rocker dude two doors down.

“On another note, I rode home on the bus with a hot rocker dude named Ryan. He practically lives next door, or two doors down. He sat on the bus with me this morning as well.” She reported to her friends delighted.

“What’s that I hear? You think I’m hot? I’m so flattered Violet!” Ryan put a hand to his heart smirking.

Violet snapped her neck around feeling her cheeks heat up. Embarrassed, but still holding on to a thread of gracious air, she rolled her eyes. “Of course not, your beauty doesn’t even compare to that of an orangutan’s. the orangutan is way handsomer than you.”

“Ouch, that hurt. You should control your desire better. Everyone knows that insults are the sincerest type of flattery!”

“No Ryan, the saying is “imitation is the sincerest type of flattery”, insulting you is just fun.”

                                              ------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys. So, this story is going really well! As, you can see, so far the plot is very laid back.

i had a lot of time to write today seeing as it is X-mas Break and my dad was being a complete ass today. My friends were too busy to acknowledge me so i locked myself in my room to write.

If you guys could make me a cover, that would be nice.

Eva :p