Chapter Eleven

Millie had finally finished my 'makeover' and she gave me a satisfied grin as I regarded myself in the mirror. She hadn't done much with make-up as she said that I should remain natural to impress Aiden. My hair was loosely curled and I had on some foundation to cover up my imperfections and bruises. She had applied a small amount of eyeliner and mascara to my eyes, whilst complimenting my long eyelashes.

I had no idea where she had gotten the idea that I wanted to impress Aiden, but I didn't want to interrupt her flow and upset her. For all I knew, maybe she was just a bit fan of crazy fantasies.

There was a sudden knock at the door and Millie went to open it quickly, as I continued to stare at myself in the floor-length mirror in her wardrobe. I definitely looked better than usual at least. Still, it didn't boost my confidence for the night ahead as much as I'd liked.

''She's ready!'' Millie chirped and I heard footsteps approaching her wardrobe before Aiden came into sight followed by Millie, ''Isn't she pretty?''

Aiden hardly reacted to my appearance and ignored Millie's question which was unsurprising, ''Let's go then.'' He tilted his head towards the door and I exited the wardrobe, walking ahead of him and through the doorway. I muttered my thanks to Millie as we passed and noted her look of disappointment directed towards her brother.

''I'll join you guys in a bit.'' Millie's voice was quiet, but it had an edge of playfulness and I glanced back at her as she winked at me.

She wanted us to be alone so that we could talk probably. Her actions were made in vain though as she was missing the point and neither me, nor Aiden were interested in the other. Our 'relationship', if you could even call it that, was strictly business.

Even if my hormones seemed to want to disagree.

We made our way downstairs in silence as I kept my gaze glued to the floor, too embarrassed to look up at him. I don't even know why I was embarrassed; all he'd done is come to escort me down to the dinner. Wobbling around in the shoes Millie had provided me with was embarrassing enough, I didn't think I could handle being stared at again.

''The dress is nice.'' Aiden broke the silence and startled me as I was so lost in thought.

''Yeah, it is.'' I coughed, still not turning to look at Aiden. It suddenly felt rather awkward, not the best feeling.

''You're not still nervous are you?'' Honestly, I didn't know the answer to his question because my emotions felt jumbled. I knew I was nervous but I didn't think it was particularly because of the dinner. I just didn't want to think too deep into it, scared of what I might discover.

''I'm not sure.'' I began fiddling with my fingers and still refused to make eye contact with my Master.

It felt a little childish to be honest, but it was best to avoid me blushing uncontrollably in front of him. I'd never liked dressing up; the compliments didn't sit very well with me. It wasn't that I didn't like being complimented; I just had the strangest reactions when I was and I didn't want that to be taken the wrong way, by him especially.

''Violet, it'll be fine.'' He repeated, trying to calm me. For some reason, it didn't work as I felt my heartbeat accelerate in my chest. I was sure he could hear it, but he made no further comments.

We entered the dining area that I had seen the day before and took our seats next to each other. Thankfully, there was nobody else in the room but Aiden mentioned that they would be here soon.

The table was laid out in a beautiful fashion. I suppose it was much the same as it usually was, but I had been too distracted to see it before. There were several sets of silverware laid out around me, and many glasses lined up, some tall and some short. It seemed like a bit of a waste because there was no way I would need to use more than one glass, but I wasn't going to cause a fuss about that at this time, obviously.