Epilogue

A 17 year-old girl lay on the hospital bed of room 68. The sun shone through the windows, giving her pale white skin a glow. The girl put her quill down, folding the piece of paper in front of her, her hand trembling. She took slow, deep breaths. She raised her shaky hand and took her wand. The wand vibrated in her hand, as if it knew that this would be the last time it's owner held it. The girl cast the spell and the 100 letters in front of her floated in the air before merging into one. It landed in her lap.

Outside room 68, a wizard and a witch mourned. They sobbed and sobbed. The wizard put his arms around his wife who stepped away from his embrace. She couldn't take it. The death of her baby was too much- she needed to be alone. She wanted to mourn alone. Their girl was the only thing holding them together. 20 years of marriage for their child, for their baby. The family knew that once the girl was gone, the family would be too.

The doctors and nurses of St. Mungo's hospital hung their head low. For years, they watched their patients come and go, some gone forever, but it never got easier. They would watch families and friends huddling together, praying to a God, any God, to save their loved ones. But they knew, it was futile. No matter how many prayers or wishes, no matter the sacrifice, it would be wasted. Yet they themselves would pray. They would pray over and over again. They knew it wouldn't work, but they still held on to that little hope that a miracle would happen. But life wasn't that merciful.

On the terrace of St. Mungo's hospital, a girl knelt down, face in her hands. The weather was perfect, the sun shone and the wind blew. The girl's hair slapped against her face, just like the truth. For months, her and her sister have joked about this day, as if it were going to be light years away. But no. It was now. It was happening now. Her sister, the person she looked up to and loved. The person she complained to her friends about. The person who was so close to her she could always tell what she was thinking. The person that made her feel safe. The person she wanted to be just like when she grew up. But she's never really going to get to grow up and smile and laugh like her sister did. Her heart will forever be empty, longing for the annoying company of her sister.

On the streets, a boy will wild raven hair was seen with a broom. He ran like crazy, as if his life depended on it. Knowing the broom would only make him go slower, he tossed it to the side. His precious, most prized broom. The one where he taught her how to ride. The one where they rode on, soaring over the lake. He tossed it away, because he needed to get to her. His two best friends had informed him an hour ago that she was going to die. That the love of his life was going to die. His girlfriend, no, his ex-girlfriend. But the boy refused to call her his ex. No. They were still in love. Deeply, and tragically in love. The boy wiped his fat tears from his face and ran.

At Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, two boys sat on steps of their dorm. The boy with curly, black hair looked up at the boy with light brown hair and scars on his face. The black haired boy thought of they'd done the right thing. She had trusted them. She didn't want him to know. But they told him. They had to. Not because he was their best friend, but because they both were. And they couldn't sit back at watch as love die. The scarred-face boy put his arm around the other and reassured him that they would be fine. One thought they did the right thing, the other didn't. How different. But at that moment, the same thought ran through both their heads. They were best friends. But why couldn't they be more?

The girl looked up at the ceiling of room 68 and rolled her eyes. She raised her wand, wanting to give the room some light. But at that moment, the door slammed open. She looked to the side and a thin wisp of silver escaped her wand. The bright silver husky bounced around room 68, leaving a trail of silver glitter. The girl watched the man at the door. He panted, his unruly hair stuck out in numerous directions, his eyes filled with tears and helms of darkness hung under them. The boy rushed towards the girl, cupping her face.

He asked her why.

She took a deep breath and chuckled. She called her friends idiots for telling him. But then she smiled and raised her head to look into his eyes and the husky shone even brighter.

The boy placed his forehead against hers. They both took deep breaths.

He told her he loved her. Over and over again.

She said she believed him, and he could stop.

But he said he would never.

As the couple embraced each other, a husky and a stag played around them, shimmering in the evening light.

The girls family felt something missing and they barely looked at each other. Everything reminded them of their baby and how she would be gone. And hurts more than anything.

The doctors and nurses watched as life filled up the dying girls eyes. And it was because of him. They sighed in relief. At least she would be able to live in her last moments.

The two boys at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry knew that in any moment, their friend would be dead. Both of their friends would be dead. One because of a disease, and one because of love.

Finally, in his company, the girl could be at peace. Slowly, her wand slipped out of her grip. The piece of wood snapped into half as it hit the ground, as if indicating that it'd only be loyal to one owner, never serving another. And so, the wand died with her.

The family outside did too. The sister knew she would never be able to replace her sister role. Their parents would be torn apart, and no one would be there to help keep it together. And just like that, the thin tread holding their family snapped.

And as the couple shared their last kiss together, the husky and the stag slowly faded away. They would never be seen together again. They would never be seen ever again. Because when Sabrina Deverell died, so did a part of James Potter. And Sirius Black, Remus Lupin, and the Deverells.

James Potter would never feel the same level happiness ever again. He would never be able to cast a patronus ever again. Because his happiness revolved around Sabrina Deverell. And Sabrina Deverell was gone.

He knew that.

And so he wept as he held on to her body. He, Sirius, Remus, and the Deverells wept.

And the world did too. Because that day, they lost a beautiful soul. That day, Sabrina Deverell left the world. But in a way, she was still alive. She was alive in the hearts of her loved ones.

Because the ones that love us, never really leave us.