mourning a mate (8)

~•^•~

You climb out of the cab, Brad paid for.  Your fever is causing you to begin sweating blood out of your pores.  You stagger in the direction of Chateau Sanguine though, forced to pause a couple of times, to finish emptying the last of the contents in your stomach.  The fever is rising, you would give a wild guess of 102 (38.8 c).  You know soon you won’t be able to think straight and make it to your destination.

In your fevered state you step into the street to then hear a blaring horn.  The man leans his head out, “You fucking stupid twat!  Get out of the road!”

Your head snaps round to eyeball him.  His headlights hit your eyes to give him the grand view of an eyeshine.  Humans don’t have eye shine.  Your mouth opens slightly with foam at the corners to also reveal upper and lower canines.  The rude driver begins to put the car in reverse and get away from you quickly.

Another couple of streets, a scent hits your sensitive nose.  Actually it's several scents mixing together.  Their scents you have smelled but didn’t know what they were.  Now you suspect they are other beings.  You know one scent well, it's the fae folk. 

~•Maybe they can rescue you from Alucard?

You don’t remember how your feet got you this far but your shoulder hits the door as the front doorman grabs your collapsing form.  His eyes grow large.  He knows you're a rare and wonderful creature, a Sanginerious Werewolf but the bad news, your future mate is the most powerful vampire in all the world.  The Chateau will take you in of course but they can not offer you sanctuary from Alucard.  If not for the bite they could easily have done it.

The dream starts again, you hate this dream of him.  It's been thirteen months of not having this nightmare.  You whimper in your restless, fever induced sleep.  There the strigoi king stands in front of his throne with a smug look on his face.  Shadows swirl around him to change his armour to more functional clothing.  He is the most handsome man you have ever seen awake and asleep but lust doesn’t count as love.

~•^•~

“Oh go on!  Get it over with!” you scream at him.  “You can take everything but my heart and soul.  I will never give them to you!”

You think you heard a low and long sigh then shadows close in around you and darkness fills your mind.  You have no idea how long you were unconscious but you slowly become conscious of long fingers stroking your head.  A jet black curtain of hair is framing his face and yours.

~•^•~

" Cum te simți? (How do you feel?)" Vlad asks you

You answer back without thinking, "Obosit și slab (tired and weak)."

"Aproape că te-am pierdut pentru totdeauna.(I almost lost you altogether forever)" his eyes softly looking into yours. 

A blood tear escapes from his right eye.  Vampires cry?

For some reason you thought they couldn't.  They're tear ducts closed because normal tears were no longer necessary.  He can see the confusion in your eyes.  Vlad kisses your forehead lightly then rises up so you shift in the old, antique bed.