1,6• You Inconsdierate Bitch!

I was walking home with Clare, not wanting to be with the rest of the group. "If you don't mind me asking..." I started the beginning of what could be a difficult conversation. "Why were you so annoyed at the printing of the lesbian story?" I started, knowing that what she told Erin wasn't the truth. "I-I think it's really bad to steal other people's story's. Personal story's." Clare tried to convince me. I gave her a disbelieving look. "Cmon Clare, me and you both know that that isn't true. What really upset you? You can tell me anything" I said the to the girl,
Not wanting her to bottle anything up inside. "I- you can't tell anybody Caoimhe, if I tell you. Not even James." Clare started, holding out her pinky for me to interlock mine with. "Of course." I reassured her before grabbing her pinky in mine. "I- I wrote that story. I'm the lesbian. It's me." Clare whispered just loud enough for me to hear. Oh wow. Okay. Clares a lesbian? Not that it matters but I just, why hadn't she told us before. "Oh, okay" I said simply, not wanting to make a big deal out of it if she didn't want me to. "You're- You're okay with that?" She questioned me, scared. "Of course. It doesn't change who you are or why I like you. Of course it's fine!" I reassured the visibly panicked girl, before she tackled me in a hug. I stood up first before offering her a hand up. "I- thank you, Caoimhe! I was so concerned about telling people but now, I feel so happy! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Clare said, almost squealing out of joy at the end. I hugged her and tapped her back a couple times, before heading up my road, waving her goodbye as she walked down towards her house.

We were all sat down for dinner. Me sitting beside Gerry, who was sitting across from Aunt Sarah's new thing. "It's wrong. I mean, my God, the injustice of it all." Erin said, complaining about Sister Michael not allowing her to print the stolen story. Everyone ignored her. "You should get that one framed as a wee reminder of your night, Mary." Sarah said, holding up a photo towards Ciaran and Mary. "I'm not in that one." Mary told her sister. "I know, but it's stunning of me." Sarah said, self absorbed. "It is indeed" Ciaran said, grabbing Sarah's hand. I faked a gagging noise, making Gerry chuckle underneath his hand.

"Hey, boy. It's dinner she invited you round for, not an orgy." Granda told the man, making my mouth drop open in shock. "She basically told us we can't print a story because it's about a lesbian." Erin carried on, making me roll my eyes. "Do you not think there's an awful lot of lesbians nowadays? You can't move for lesbians. It's wall to wall lesbians out there. " Aunt Sarah said, making me pull my eyebrows together on my forehead. "Really?" Gerry questioned, intrigued. "It's true. Brigitte Gallagher, she's a lesbian." Granda told us, making us all look at him in shock. "Brigitte Gallagher. Who works in the post office?" Mary asked in disbelief. "I believe so." Granda confirmed. "Is she Not a vegetarian, Da?" Sarah Interrupted. "Sorry, You're Right. Vegetarian, Brigitte is." Granda remembered, making us all sigh out at the false claim.

"Well, it's an easy mistake to make, Joe. Can I call you Joe?" Ciaran asked Granda. "No." He responded to the man. Making me giggle. "Right." Ciaran said awkwardly. "Welcome to the club, Ciaran." Gerry told the man. "I'm gonna have to make a stand about this, Mammy." Erin still pressed on. "Ah, no you won't, Erin." Mary quickly shot down. "The school Is trying to erase this young girls experience, all because she's gay. I mean, what if it were me? What if it were Orla? Or Caoimhe?" Erin continued. "Leave me out, Erin." I told the girl straight forward. "Fine. Stick up for the wee lesbian." Mary told her daughter, clearly having had enough of the talk. "I just, don't understand, what they eat." Orla interrupted, making all of us confused.

The next morning, as me and Clare were stepping off the bus, we walked straight passed our friends, who were handing out pink newspapers. "I support gays! Even though I, myself, am not actually gay!" James shouted out, just as me and Clare started to walk away from the group quicker. "Cmon Clare, Caoimhe? Erin asked us to join them. "We don't wanna get Involved. I'm sorry" Clare apologised before walking away with me. "Cowards!" We Heard Erin shout from behind us, causing me to stick my middle finger up at her from behind me, and walk off quickly with Clare.