Chapter 2

Maya tentatively looked back at Nolan, who was staring at her once again. This time though, he had a serious, contemplating look on his face and didn't seem to notice that Maya was also looking at him.

She hid a secret smile and gazed with blurred eyes at Nolan, imagining their future together - their wedding, their honeymoon, all the other dates they'll have.

Turning, she met his lips against his and immediately drowned herself in his eyes. They were sparkling like the water she needed to quench her thirst with. They were like her necessity, just like the cool liquid was. She wouldn't be able to survive a day without them.

As her hands grabbed the back of Nolan's head, it felt like electricity to her touch. She knew that water and electric should never mix, but she also knew that when they did, it created a loud explosion. Just like the one right now.

In her heart.

Her chest exploded with joy and passion and a group of other emotions she could never possibly describe with words. She felt her beating heart pound faster for Nolan, for his hands to wrap tighter around her waist and for his lips to absorb all the oxygen from her lips, so that she would come gasping for more.

Maya mentally shook her head at her weirdness. Most people would never want oxygen to be taken away from them, but Maya, always labeled as different, was just not the same as them. Quickly though, she pushed Nolan away as she gulped for the air her lungs pushed her for, laying her head on his chest.

Maya felt a strong object - Nolan's head - lay on top of her head and felt his breathing matching her's, his hands stroking her hair and his touch feeling the softness of the texture.

Without a second's notice, Nolan was suddenly on the ground, his knees kneeling against the hard surface of the cement and staring up at Maya. His eyes held her's and made it seem like she was all that mattered. The traffic noises and the flashing lights didn't even hold her attention for a second. It all just served as a background, as music and dancing, as she zeroed in on Nolan's beautiful, beautiful eyes.

Maya could feel her heart beating so quickly for him and her veins nearly bursting from the rush of feelings inside her body. It all seemed so loud to her, even louder than the sounds and images around her. She hoped that Nolan couldn't hear it. She didn't want to seem desperate.

But frankly, she was.

She was desperate for his touch, for his fingers to softly linger above her cheeks and he brushed against them, for his fingers to play with her hair and stroke the softness of them. She yearned for her hands to fit perfectly in his, for his lips to match perfectly against her's, and for his hands to easily slip around her waist. But what she desired the most was for him to love her and only her.

Maya sighed, knowing that she wasn't one to share something if she really liked it. Nolan was bad influence, making her more selfish and emotional and bizarre than she was before. He made her have feelings she never before noticed, but as she stared into his adoring eyes, she knew it was alright. She knew it was fine if she was selfish or emotional or bizarre, just as long as he was her's, not anyone else's.

"Um..." Nolan interrupted, breaking her trance. "Maya, I would just like to..."

"To what?" Maya asked, feeling her heart beat at its highest capacity as she waited for him to finish his sentence.

He blushed before turning away and looking at the cars passing by. "Well..."

"Hmm?" she hummed, trying to calm down her body. It was a strange feeling to her, for she had never felt it in this great volume.